Who we are
NCSOFT® established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we develop new games, manage our existing game portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.
As part of the Web Team, our focus is to ease the day-to-day needs and functions of our non-technical creative teams, while supporting forward-facing aspects of our overall web presence. This means supporting internal requests by crafting creative solutions that rely upon web-based technologies. This also includes working hand-in-hand with our internal engineering teams and external partners to build and support compelling player experiences both in and outside of our games.
Why join the Web team?
- Are you passionate about creating awesome UI and solving technical challenges? We’re always working on new and exciting projects including in-game UI, web sites, game launchers, and internal tools.
- Would you like a say in what projects you work on? We feel team members are most effective in working on what they’re passionate about. We’re all capable of working on any given project and often shift tasks based on preference.
- Do you value flexibility in deciding which technologies to use? We own our web stack top-to-bottom and aren’t shy about experimenting with new tech. However, we take a measured approach in order to minimize introducing unnecessary technical debt.
- Do you enjoy having influence over the end result? We collaborate with designers, artists, and other programming teams, and our web expertise plays an important role in how we approach each project and various UI/UX decisions.
What we’ve been working on
- Built entirely new websites and web back-end solutions from the ground up: https://www.aionlegionsofwar.com/en
- Created internal tools that empower our teams to keep our players updated with the latest information: https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/download/
- Refreshed existing websites to utilize modern technology with a modular framework: https://www.lineage2.com/
- Implemented new e-commerce solutions, both in and out of game https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/shop/ncoin/
- Built and maintained Forum Solutions for our Community teams to keep players informed and heard https://forums.aionlegionsofwar.com/
What you will work on
Your web experience and skills with AWS, NodeJS, MongoDB, React, PHP, HTML and CSS will be essential in helping us succeed. Here’s a glimpse of how you might fit in:
- Act as the cornerstone between our internal and external team members by supporting and modernizing our Web Back-end, APIs and Game-to-Web feature set
- Influence our tech stack and internal development processes as we futureproof ourselves for upcoming products and ever-evolving web development practices
- Redefine how our team’s interface with our products and players
- Be an active Sr. Web Developer that isn’t afraid to mentor and grow within in a small, capable team
- Be creative and have fun by collaborating with other teams on new and interesting promotional websites that act as a gateway for our players to experience our interactive worlds
- Share our healthy obsession with leaving things in a simpler and easier to maintain state while creating reusable technology for the future
Join our team!
This is a full time, on-site position at our office in Aliso Viejo, California. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work. Learn more about working with us at https://us.ncsoft.com/.