NCSOFT is focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games. NCSOFT is a great place to work, fostering creativity and collaboration. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT a great place to work. If you love making great games and have the skills to make it happen, then NCSOFT is the place for you.
NCSOFT is seeking a talented Data Analyst to work across multiple released and unreleased titles. This position is responsible for collecting data, generating reports, and analyzing player behavior.
- Analyze game systems, economies, and player behavior to drive game development and business practices that maximize player enjoyment and profitability
- Understand, analyze, and predict trends in player data.
- Collect and help to elaborate on data reporting requirements, primarily from game design, customer service, and business departments.
- Generate reports from accumulated data using SQL, Excel, R, Python and Tableau, as well as defining automated procedures related to data collection.
- Communicate findings, actionable recommendations, and data limitations to stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Formulate process improvement suggestions through ad hoc analyses and data mining.
- Take ownership of data integrity to ensure that the data are correctly supporting the analyses and recommendations being proposed.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to improve gameplay
- Analyze game-specific data and pro-actively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and UX Designers
- Devise and run game-specific A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Business Intelligence team to share best practices, problem solve and deliver large projects on time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field, or equivalent experience with data analytics
- Experience using SQL to query for and to aggregate data
- Understanding of game design and in-game economies
- Strong communications skills and ability to work on a team
- Ability to change directions quickly based on business, project, and team needs
- Ability to effectively communicate complex findings and ideas simply
- Drive quality improvements of team's code through reviews and feedback
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define problems
- Previous mobile game analytics experience
- Experience with big data software like Hadoop
- Experience with other Business Intelligence backend and analytics applications
This is a full time, on-site position at our studio in San Mateo, CA. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT West a great place to work.