NCSOFT is seeking a talented Lead Data Analyst to work across multiple released and unreleased titles. This position is responsible for collecting data, generating reports, and analyzing player behavior.
NCSOFT is focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games. NCSOFT is a great place to work, fostering creativity and collaboration. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT a great place to work. If you love making great games and have the skills to make it happen, then NCSOFT is the place for you.
- Analyze game systems, economies, and player behavior to drive game development and business practices that maximize player enjoyment and profitability
- Understand, analyze, and predict trends in player data.
- Collect and help to elaborate on data reporting requirements, primarily from game design, customer service, and business departments.
- Generate reports from accumulated data using SQL, Excel, R, Python and Tableau, as well as defining automated procedures related to data collection.
- Communicate findings, actionable recommendations, and data limitations to stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Formulate process improvement suggestions through ad hoc analyses and data mining.
- Take ownership of data integrity to ensure that the data are correctly supporting the analyses and recommendations being proposed.
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to improve gameplay
- Analyze game-specific data and pro-actively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and UX Designers
- Devise and run game-specific A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Business Intelligence team to share best practices, problem solve and deliver large projects on time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field, or equivalent experience with data analytics
- Experience using SQL to query for and to aggregate data
- Understanding of game design and in-game economies
- Strong communications skills and ability to work on a team
- 5+ years of prior data analysis experience
- Ability to change directions quickly based on business, project, and team needs
- Ability to effectively communicate complex findings and ideas simply
- Drive quality improvements of team's code through reviews and feedback
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define problems
- Previous mobile game analytics experience
- Experience with big data software like Hadoop
- Experience with other Business Intelligence backend and analytics applications