NCSOFT Europe is seeking a Game Content Editor to work as part of a team to bring localised game content for a major AAA MMORPG to our audience.
The Game Content Editor is responsible for the creation and maintenance of glossaries and style guides. By providing linguistic advice, gathering and processing feedback from internal and external sources you will help us deliver not only a mere translation of our game but a first-class, culturally relevant experience to French speaking players.
Working closely with the internal Localization and QA team, external Localization vendors and our development studio, the French Localization Editor ensures that localised in-game assets always meet high-quality AAA standards, coordinates with various teams to meet Localization milestones, signs off on feature Localization and shares feedback, ideas and suggestions to consistently improve Localization processes and the maintenance of glossaries.
Recent experience in game or software Localization/QA is essential. The ideal candidate is a hard-core gamer with in-depth knowledge of MMOs and excellent knowledge of fantasy and/or science fiction worlds.
To be Europe’s leading MMO games developer and publisher.
- Detail-orientated and quality focused review of all localised in-game text, whether translated in-house or externally
- Creation and maintenance of glossaries and style guides
- Review and supervision of voice over recordings and castings
- Close collaboration with internal teams and external vendors, including regular terminology and workflow discussions
- Reporting of bugs in-game and inconsistencies or mistakes in glossaries
- Ensure consistency with the glossary and style guides between the game and other projects as well as technical requirements
- Provide linguistic feedback and advise to related stakeholders
- Coordinate and plan Localization handoffs and reviews
- Adhere to linguistic, cultural and industry norms in the translation for all requests
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Be a fluent speaker of French and English (additional languages are a plus)
- Manage change in workload and priorities by re-scheduling tasks to accommodate those changes
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Inform management early when problems occur and assistance is needed
- Accommodate and adapt to unexpected changes
- Use tools provided for in-game testing, bug tracking, reporting and scheduling
- Work confidently and comfortably when information is unavailable or unclear
- Demonstrate a willingness to change views and opinions when presented with new data and ideas
- Adapt communication style to meet the needs of the recipients
- Be familiar with NCSOFT’s products
- Develop effective working relationships within both internal and external organisations
- Display sensitivity and empathy when working across cultures at all levels in the NCSOFT / supplier community
- In-depth knowledge of relevant industry tools, processes and software
- Passion for computer and video games in particular MMOs
- Well versed in pop culture references
NCSOFT is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.