NCSOFT is seeking a QA Tester to join our team. The QA Tester thoroughly tests all aspects and systems of all assigned products to ensure that they meet or exceed the quality standards set by NCSoft and its subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test games for ease of use, reliability, consistency, and absence of defects
- Execute functionality test plans and checklists as assigned
- Log and regress all defects found during testing into the appropriate defect tracking software
- Provide clear and detailed written reports of bugs and repro steps to the development team
- Promptly bring serious defects to the attention of the QA Lead
- Ability to plan own work and independently prioritize tasks
- Able to proactively analyze, identify, and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional manner and ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, team environment
- Ability to be responsible and accountable while working on multiple complex tasks
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Familiarity with PC gaming and multiplayer online gaming including experience with the current generation of MMO titles
- Schedule flexibility, including the ability to work occasional overtime and weekends.
- At least 6 months year working in an internal QA capacity
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.