NCSOFT is seeking an experienced Animation Programmer to join our R&D team. Our R&D team provides technical solutions for multiple projects within our company.
At our Aliso Viejo, CA office, you will be working with a small group of people to set up the Next Generation Creature Animation System using Unreal Engine. You will also be providing various programming support for our other projects as needed.
- Develop the Next Generation Creature Animation System
- Develop tools and interfaces for tuning the creatures, with Animators and Designers
- Provide implementation support for other projects
- Continue to research and develop Animation System to push the technology forward
- Provide programming support for other projects as needed (secondary motion technology such as cloth, hair/fur, soft tissue simulation etc.)
- Knowledge of character animation technology (e.g. blend trees, animation compression techniques, IK/FK systems)
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, OO design skills and 3D math background
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with programmers, artists, and designers
- Ability to work independently from start to finish
- Knowledge of building efficient code (CPU/GPU cost, memory usage, code size) for Unreal Engine.
- Knowledge of animation related Unreal Engine Tools (Animation Blueprints, Blend Spaces, State Machines, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Experience with Maya or similar 3d authoring packages
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
NCSOFT is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Together we operate many of the most successful and influential massively multiplayer online games in the industry, welcoming hundreds of millions of players daily into exciting living worlds for extraordinary adventures.