The QA Manager will manage the Quality Assurance department to efficiently test software using detailed project/operating plans to assure that assigned software projects meet the quality levels set by NCSOFT.
- Develops, promotes, and executes Quality best practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Assists the Leads to ensure that defects are properly tracked and recommends corrective actions.
- Leads quality planning activities and team building for new product development. Ensures execution of the testing plan/schedule by the QA team.
- Leads risk management activities throughout the product lifecycle. Routinely reports risks to appropriate stakeholders with suggested resolutions.
- Creates and maintains test project status reports and metrics. Proactively reports testing status to stakeholders.
- Lead signoff calls prior to release, and post-mortems following deployments.
- Routinely interacts with, and obtains feedback from various departments/customers, including those in HQ, to share best practices to level up QA processes and procedures.
- Implements QA engineering and tester training programs.
- Communicates to teach/train, to interpret routine data and to resolve complex issues.
- Manages Internal and External QA teams across multiple locations. Management includes day-to-day resource allocation within the department, participating in hiring/firing decisions, working with the admin team to ensure that QA is properly staffed and an effective part of NCSOFT, and training and mentoring new testers. Leads career planning/development for QA staff.
- Manages and communicates QA schedules at regular intervals. Alerts leadership of any QA scheduling conflicts.
- Creates and manages the operational budget for the Quality Assurance team, including outsourced QA.
- Provides the Director of Quality Assurance with assessments of the level of cooperation provided to the Sr. QA Manager by the team.
- Acts as a senior level escalation point for the Quality Assurance team.
- A Manager level position assures that software products meet the quality levels set by the company and are essentially (as defined by current processes) ready for publication.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Experience leading test teams for mobile, PC, and console titles.
- Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities while managing multiple QA projects simultaneously.
- Experience with 1st party technical/submission requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including problem solving, decision making, written and oral communications, and ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- In-depth understanding of operating systems, game systems, general software engineering processes, and their relationship to bugs.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships with internal and external customers, i.e. Development, OCR, CS, Sales/Marketing, and colleagues in QA.
- QA testing experience on multiple shipped game titles on a variety of platforms (Mobile/PC/Console)
- 7+ years of QA lead/supervisory experience.
- 4+ years of experience managing outsourced QA teams.