The Desktop Administrators are our first point of contact for technical inquiries. They are expected to represent the customer’s needs to the entities within Technical Operations department. Desktop Administrators also work as a customer facing extension of the Technical Operations department. You will have the opportunity to collaborate internally with our Systems Engineering team, Security Engineering team, Service Operations team and Network Operations Center on projects, daily tasks and emergent events.
The Desktop Administrator role maintains site (studio) reliability, installations, upgrades and troubleshooting with regard to desktops, phones, applications and services used by the site employees.
Lastly, Desktop Administrators are expected to maintain a positive attitude and to act with urgency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Representing the Technical Operations department as the first point of contact.
- Providing system, hardware, and software support to all employees, both onsite and remote.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for users and the Technical Operations department.
- Onboarding and offboarding users, including all accounts, hardware, and software.
- First response to security incidents and continued assistance throughout.
- Maintaining and supporting printers.
- Keeping inventory of all hardware, as well as purchasing and restocking as necessary.
- Remote deployment of software and updates to all our users.
- Remote management of software and hardware assets used by 3rd party developers.
- Management of IT purchase requests.
- Supporting Technical Operations department as needed with studio wide upgrades, technical solutions, and outages.
- Livestream hardware, application and network support.
- Providing excellent customer service and satisfaction to users.
- Communicating outages, security alerts, and other pertinent information to the studio.
- Researching deployment and support of new software and hardware.
- 3+ years of professional onsite Technical Support experience
- Windows 10 knowledge and experience
- macOS knowledge and experience
- iOS and Android knowledge and experience
- Active Directory knowledge and experience
- Office 365 knowledge and experience
- Corporate phone system management experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft MTA
- Information Technology degree
Physical Demands of Position:
- Work is usually performed in an office setting and could involve sitting, standing, walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires considerable concentration and creativity. It is subject to stress caused by a changing environment, internal and external customer needs, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and workload.