NCSOFT is seeking a talented Data Analyst to work across multiple released and unreleased titles. The Data Analyst is responsible for collecting data, generating reports, and analyzing player behavior.
NCSOFT is focused on making high-quality, cutting-edge, and conceptually innovative Massively Multiplayer Games. NCSOFT is a great place to work, fostering creativity and collaboration. Because of this it has attracted top talent from the best of the best in the MMO industry. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes NCSOFT a great place to work. If you love making great games and have the skills to make it happen, then NCSOFT is the place for you.
- Analyze game systems, economies, and player behavior to drive game development and business practices that maximize player enjoyment and profitability
- Understand, analyze, and predict trends in player data.
- Collect and help to elaborate on data reporting requirements, primarily from game design, customer service, and business departments.
- Generate reports from accumulated data using SQL, Excel, HTML, Google Analytics, Tableau, and Qlikview, as well as defining automated procedures related to data collection.
- Communicate findings, actionable recommendations, and data limitations to stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decisions.
- Formulate process improvement suggestions through ad hoc analyses and data mining.
- Take ownership of data integrity to ensure that the data are correctly supporting the analyses and recommendations being proposed.
- Work alongside the game development team to help define and recommend KPI's
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help us continue to improve gameplay
- Analyze game-specific data and pro-actively make recommendations to Product Managers, Game Producers, Game Designers and UX Designers
- Devise and run game-specific A/B tests to directly and indirectly drive KPI improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field, or equivalent experience with data analytics
- Experience using SQL to query for and to aggregate data
- Understanding of game design and in-game economies
- Strong communications skills and ability to work on a team
- 3+ years of prior data analysis experience
- Ability to change directions quickly based on business, project, and team needs
- Ability to effectively communicate complex findings and ideas simply
- Drive quality improvements of team's code through reviews and feedback
- Experience using descriptive and inferential statistics to analyze and present findings
- Experience using visualization techniques for presenting data and analysis
- Experience working with business teams to identify and define problems
- Previous MMO development experience or avid gaming experience
- Experience with big data software like Hadoop
- Other programming or scripting skills
Please include a cover letter with your application that tells us why you would be a fit for this role, why you are interested in working at NCSOFT and what games you are currently playing.