Reporting to the Director, Brand Marketing, this role will be responsible for the complete Brand Management of a tentpole AAA multi-platform title. The Senior Brand Manager will leverage their experience and insights from competitors, consumers, and the gaming music culture to create, implement and manage the go-to-market strategy and tactical execution of the strategic marketing plan to reach targeted KPI goals including those associated with (but not limited to): product sell-in and sell-through, player acquisition, player retention, and overall MAU.
- Developing the brand identity and key messaging components (brand positioning and pillars) that drive the overall vision and brand marketing strategy.
- Acting as a leader, collaborating with internal stakeholders (including Production/Development, Commerce, Business Intelligence, Legal, Finance, Creative Development, Web Development, Public Relations, Community and Executive Management) and external partners to ensure the title will ultimately achieve success.
- Creating strategically driven product marketing plans and overseeing implementation of all tactical components. Additionally, this role acts as the overall orchestrator of the publishing process for a title, aligning Production/Development, Public Relations, Community, Web, Commerce, and other disciplines towards achieving the strategic and financial goals for the assigned title.
- Managing assigned budgets and tracking spend activities each month with the goal of reconciling monthly and annual spends against the budget plan.
- Collaborate with development partners to plan and execute alpha and beta testing phases to leverage player feedback to drive product improvements and adjust marketing communication.
- Working with internal sales team to develop channel marketing plans to maximize an effective retail presence.
- Developing project briefs and working with both internal and external creative groups to develop key marketing materials and components such as brand artwork and logo, style guides, advertising creative (such as online and TV), CG and gameplay trailers, product websites and other promotional merchandise.
- Working closely with regional teams to coordinate global marketing initiatives.
- Managing relationships with 3rd party media planning agencies while overseeing KPI goal setting, acquisition funnel metrics and player retention planning.
- Tracking all marketing activity and being able to provide capable analysis and guidance that result in identifying areas of success and areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with internal publishing team and external partners to ensure continuity in strategy and consistency in execution in order to ensure they are supporting efforts to fulfill achievement of KPI objectives.
Requirements for the Position:
- Business/Marketing degree OR an equivalent combination of experience and education required. MBA degree a plus.
- At least 5 years of brand marketing experience in either interactive or music entertainment. Experience with PC and Console online games a BIG plus.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and executing global brand marketing campaigns (including creative development, event planning, media planning, CRM, partner marketing) at both a tactical and strategic level.
- Experience with music clearance, music publishing/licensing and contract administration.
- Experience managing multi-million dollar budgets with the ability to track impact and ROI of marketing spends against baseline measures.
- Experience overseeing the launch of new products and brands through retail and online channels.
- Experience in managing creative and media marketing agencies to achieve established objectives.
- Able to read basic analytic data and develop plans and content in reaction to the data presented.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing direct reports.
- Proven ability to write impactful copy that communicates product messaging to the consumer through various touch points including social, web, advertising and video.
- Skilled in analytical and quantitative thinking with the ability to assess KPI data and focus on ROI metrics.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Great teammate with strong collaboration skills who is comfortable with open and consistent communication.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple business units and product teams.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, with a focus on MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of, or experience in playing music based games a PLUS.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.