This role is responsible for the development of NCSOFT’s game platform. As Senior Software Engineer you will develop and deliver a platform and provide functionalities for NCSOFT’s game service. The platform includes identity & access management, account management, eCommerce, payment, game data service, operation platform, and all related back-end functions and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are as below; other duties may be assigned based on business needs.
- Lead the development of NCSOFT’s game platform and related projects.
- Develop identity & access management, account management, eCommerce, game data service, and game launcher, and integrate with 3rd party systems like Facebook and Google.
- Work with NCSOFT’s game studios, publishing, and operations teams to define requirements that address functionality, performance, security, quality, operations, and monitoring.
- Create detailed test scenarios, perform testing, and analyze results with QA Engineers.
- Document all technology changes through appropriate change control.
- Provide support for game platform integration to game studio’s.
- Solve complex problems in resourceful and effective ways.
- Participate in determining approaches and in developing new or enhanced software.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Provide on-call support, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience (5+ years)
- Fluent in C++ and experience in Python
- Experience with online gaming industry a must
- Experience applying service-oriented architecture techniques and micro-services architecture pattern to production use cases
- Experience building secure software
- Experience refactoring code and evolving architectures
- Experience with virtualization / containerization technologies and software as a service
- Experience with building large scale enterprise systems and integrating 3rd party interfaces
- Experience in 24/7 internet or related software industry is required