NCSOFT is looking for a Technical Artist to support the technical aspects of game art development. In this role you will develop tools/frameworks/workflows for a strong pipeline that yields high quality results. As a Technical Artist you will be relied on to solve the complex technical production issues, ensuring that art and animation are enhanced by the use of advanced technical processes, systems and software.
- Drive the development of advanced tools and scripts that enhance and streamline processes
- Work as the bridge between engineering and art to optimize tools and graphics features
- Ensure art assets can be easily integrated into the game without sacrificing the artistic vision or exceeding technical limitations.
- Develop character pipeline and workflows within the game engine and 3D package
- Pre-production planning to define and address technical design requirements and issues.
- Constantly review the content creation pipeline to identify and fix any possible pipeline or technology deficiencies for the art department
- 3+ years of experience creating complex character based rigs and supporting the technical aspects of game art development
- Strong understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- Experience building tools to improve animation and automating character pipelines
- Knowledge of all stages and domains of asset creation as required by a game development pipeline
- Unreal Engine experience
- Knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder
- MEL, Python scripting experience
- An ability to listen to artists, understand their needs with regards to tools and translate those into actionable technical specifications
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Photorealistic Facial Expression pipeline experience.
- Published Console or PC game project experience
- Experience with Houdini