NCSOFT West is looking for a Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics for our Mobile studio to lead analytics and management decision support initiatives. In this role, you will work closely with the game team, marketing team, product managers and other internal groups to evaluate how our customers are playing our games and inform improvements we can make to drive sustained engagement and monetization.
As the Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics, you will lead a team of analysts and oversee KPI reporting, performance forecasting, behavioral analysis and predictive modeling. The role will also drive results across retention and monetization for live games by both providing the analysis and insight as well as helping develop strategies to improve game performance. The ideal candidate thrives at delivering solutions to complex data problems, has an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions, is a strong team leader and is comfortable working with executives and stakeholders of all levels.
- Own and manage the business intelligence infrastructure (data management and visualization capabilities)
- Lead and mentor team of analysts to support the overall publishing and game business to drive continuous improvement in the NCSOFT West Mobile BIA function
- Generate actionable reports and recommendations on features that will improve retention, monetization and acquisition
- Identify areas of improvement and work with product management and product development to implement strategies to address key problem areas
- Lead the team in the use of machine learning, predictive analytics and other advanced techniques to provide improved results for game and business teams
- Work closely with the publishing, development and Infrastructure teams to build and manage analytics hardware and software
- Share insights with executive leadership and game teams regularly
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (MA/MS preferred) in a quant field, business or economics
- 8+ years of experience in data and analytics-intensive role with an emphasis on qualitative analysis
- 3+ years of experience managing BI and analytics teams
- Creative thinker with excellent analytic skills and experience with statistical modeling
- Knowledge of and experience with free-to-play economies in games or online entertainment
- Experience or knowledge of gaming industry and/or online entertainment companies
- Ability to promote analytics across the organization and lead teams to using analytics insights to drive decisions.
- Experience with database query/reporting tools including SQL, Hive, Hadoop Tableau, Vertica, Snowflake, Qlikview, Terradata, Redshift, STATA, R, Python etc.
- Comfortable presenting complex findings to varied groups in a concise, digestible way
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources to arrive at optimal problem solutions
- Experience working with multi-functional teams
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Ability to foster open communication, influence others, and write and speak with impact
- Passion for gaming