Product Marketing Manager
Nav is hiring a Product Marketing Manager to join our fast-growing FinTech company. Partnering with Product, Marketing, Sales, Engineering, and other teams across the company, you’ll set product positioning, develop the go-to-market strategy, and own the execution of key launches and initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
The perfect candidate for this position thrives on collaboration and has a track record of executing on high-profile SaaS and B2B products that have driven customer growth and expansion. Experienced in both enterprise and customer marketing, you can drive GTM programs, third-party sales plays and collateral to support these programs. You’re a translator by nature -- you speak Engineer, Marketer, Sales and Business Development and are fluent in most. You’re also a shepherd -- skilled at leading a flock of creatives, professionals and developers to an end goal, even if you’re not directly managing them.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH
- Own and scale Nav’s product marketing strategy
- Become an expert on our customer -- their pain points, goals, victories and challenges
- Participate in the full life-cycle product development process to ensure delivery on speed to market goals
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales and Business Development to develop positioning based on needs analysis, voice of the customer, competitive analysis and product differentiation
- Lead the development of Product Marketing metrics to track overall effectiveness
- Drive GTM plans and enlist Marketing & Business Development team members to supply collateral for all enterprise partnerships
- Leverage product packaging and pricing to drive business results
- Define the messaging & positioning of our products and features to prospects and customers
- Drive development of launch strategy and GTM plans for new features and upgrades to Nav products
- Own the development of customer-facing marketing assets to support product storytelling (e.g. customer case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts) to articulate the benefits of our products
- Create and manage research projects to better understand current market trends, the broader competitive landscape and existing user needs
- Develop and launch campaigns to drive customer acquisition as well as customer retention across all business models
- Juggle short-term, long-term and lifetime goals for our marketing team and customers
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Proven success in a software-based PMM role required. Prior experience with SMBs, SaaS, and Enterprise marketing strongly preferred.
- Professional demeanor with demonstrated ability to interact with and enlist internal and external teams
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, visual), both for internal audiences and customer-facing messaging
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- Self-starter with ability to build programs from scratch while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards user-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You have an affinity for a hyper-growth business.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You are an influencer with strong business and financial acumen - you find the intersections between technical operations & company strategy.
- You have excellent analytical, decision making and complex problem-solving skills.
INCLUSION AT NAV
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequity should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Matching 401k. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and point of views. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose to not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.