Nautilus Labs is advancing the efficiency of ocean commerce through artificial intelligence. With hubs in New York, Singapore, Paris, and London the firm is trusted by clients across the globe to help make better, real-time decisions that ultimately unlock transformative outcomes—at sea and onshore. The maritime industry is going through a massive shift towards decarbonization and is actively working to reduce its contribution of 3% of annual global CO2 emissions and to completely eliminate greenhouse gases by 2050.
By partnering with Nautilus, ocean shipping leaders can maximize returns for every vessel and voyage while driving cross-team collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability for their companies, shareholders, and the planet we all share.
Nautilus Labs is looking for an established and intellectually curious Director of Business Development to lead our partnerships strategy while growing a small and globally effective team. You have a natural ability to build and sustain professional relationships, both internally and externally. You can grow a team while driving business transformation across large maritime shipping organizations through strategic alignment.
You’re a self-starter with strong stakeholder management skills and a deep understanding of our client challenges and available partner solutions. You’re solutions-oriented, collaborative, and know how to coach a small and agile team. Most importantly, you are aligned to our mission of a carbon-free future and are inspired to drive this change throughout the shipping industry.
Outcomes for the role.
- Serve as the face of Nautilus Labs for all outbound partnerships communications
- Attend industry events to increase Nautilus Labs’ brand awareness
- Understand the maritime industry and market trends, opportunities, and competitive landscape by reading, attending webinars and conferences
- Determine if prospective partners will support revenue generation, and facilitate a smooth transition from initial introductory discussions to a qualified sales opportunities in partnership with the sales team
- Understand internal roadmap trajectory and identify gaps partnerships can fill, ideally accelerating the advancement of the Nautilus platform
- Oversee the success of partnership proofs of concept and conversion to full fledged partnerships
- Develop mutually-beneficial and trusting relationships with key partners
- Create and execute on a partner success framework that ensures mutually beneficial outcomes to Nautilus and Partner and that Nautilus recognizes maximum value from each partnership
- Cultivate relationships across functional areas including sales, product, marketing, engineering and client success
- Communicate and evangelize the successes of revenue strategic partnerships to internal stakeholders
- 6+ years of Business Development experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency in hardware, software or communications
- The ability to triage competing priorities and excellent time management skills
- A resilient team player with a positive attitude
- Comfortable with working remotely, leading a global team, and able to achieve success while doing so
- A strong desire to grow your career in partnerships
- Maritime industry experience with exposure to industry hardware and software technology segments a plus
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
We are THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
We are an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
We are DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
We are currently hiring for the London Hub.
If you’re the right candidate, we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.