Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
We are hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer for our Infrastructure team. We’re looking for a team member who wants to make an impact in a mission-driven, customer focused technology company in the maritime shipping industry. You are inquisitive and enjoy solving technically challenging problems. You see DevOps and your role as a critical accelerant for the other Engineering and Data Science teams at Nautilus Labs.
Outcomes For This Role.
In this role, you will perform a variety of functions to ensure that our AWS infrastructure and tooling are available, reliable, stable and secure. To ensure that Nautilus Labs engineering operates in a highly effective manner, you will develop and tune build and deployment pipelines for the Software Development teams and for our Data Science team. You will develop and manage deployment, monitoring and alerting dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience designing and deploying on AWS on an infrastructure team
- Solid scripting experience using Python
- Solid understanding of databases (SQL, NoSQL, and in-memory databases like Redis)
- Experience with Docker and ECS/EKS
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Circle or Jenkins
- Experience with Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance stress, effort, and reward
- BS in Computer Science, similar field of study or equivalent practical experience required
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- We’re THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
- We’re an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
- We’re DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
- We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location: Remote, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.