Nautilus is building artificial intelligence to advance the efficiency of ocean commerce. We deliver technology to help shipping companies minimize fuel consumption, maximize operational efficiency, and optimize fleet performance. By arming ship owners and operators with real-time predictive decision support, Nautilus is reducing greenhouse gas emissions and making global trade sustainable.
Ocean shipping consumes over $100 billion dollars of fuel every year, and up to 30% of it can be saved. For owner-operators, reliance on manually collected and analyzed data makes it difficult to optimize fleet performance in real-time. By providing a unified data platform that leverages machine learning, Nautilus helps its clients make better decisions to maximize the return on each ship and every voyage. For our clients, this means they drive closer collaboration, greater transparency, and stronger accountability across their global teams every day.
We are hiring for full-stack software engineers to join our engineering team as a core member. We use Go and ReactJs/Redux running in Docker on AWS but most importantly we look for a willingness to learn and work anywhere in the stack. We're looking for individuals who want to make an impact, are mission-driven, customer focused, and enjoy solving technically challenging problems.
Outcomes For This Role.
- Shaping our product by spearheading new features and updates to features and infrastructure
- Contributing and championing new ideas derived from your unique experiences to improve our processes
- Being challenged by your colleagues and learning something new every day
- Growing our software engineering footprint
- 4+ years work experience on a software team
- Solid development experience using Typescript/node.js. Python is a plus.
- Experience with a compiled language like Go, Rust, or C++
- Ensure best practices are followed and documented
- Participated in design, architecture, project risks, debugging, code review, testing, documentation aspects of software development.
- BS in Computer Science, similar field of study or equivalent practical experience required. Background in computer architecture, operating systems, or high-performance computing is a plus.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with design and product teams.
- Preferable - Front End expertise with
- Modern frontend framework - React, Angular or Vue
- Style framework - eg SASS
- Build/compile toolings - eg webpack, rollup or grunt
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Assess and share technical challenges, delays and design decisions to stakeholders.
- Able to take ownership of a small software project. Has worked on 2 or more projects independently from initiation to deployment, working with at least 2+ engineers and providing tech oversight for a junior engineer.
- Passionate about our mission and in changing the way a massive industry works
- Ability to communicate effectively across cultures, time zones, and geographies
Our core values.
Get ready to join a group of diverse, smart, talented, and driven individuals. We are looking for people who are motivated by environmentalism and a future where shipping is sustainable and safe. A team member joining Nautilus is...
- We’re THOUGHTFUL, with a bias towards action.
- We’re an INCLUSIVE crew, and we are not passengers along for the ride.
- We’re DIRECT and we ask the tough questions.
- We EMPATHIZE with humanity.
Location: Remote, US
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.