Dairy Sales Manager
Native Microbials is a growing biotechnology company based in San Diego, CA.
About Native Microbials
Native Microbials is the leader in advanced microbiome science and solutions serving livestock and pets around the world.
Harnessing a proprietary technology platform that decodes the microbial ecosystem in and on animals, Native creates and delivers world-class microbials products that provide a measurable benefit to the productivity, efficiency, and sustainability of our world's animals. Native R&D headquarters is in San Diego and is supported by multiple fields, sales, and production operations around the world. Visit NativeMicrobials.com to learn more.
About the Role:
The Dairy Sales Manager provides complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability. This position is responsible for working in their respective territory to understand and identify customer needs, by selling dairy division products, supporting brand interest activities to attract customers to Native Microbials products, and ensuring that the division is viewed as bringing value and innovations aligned to our strategic focus on healthy animals around the world.
Dairy Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify prospects for company, including but not limited to feed companies, premix companies, distribution or other channel partners, independent nutritionists and/or veterinarians and livestock producers.
- Ability to provide, explain and lead customers and prospects to an understanding of the product value proposition. This includes developing and participating in strategic and tactical business growth discussions with customers.
- Develop, execute, and frequently review annual sales strategy/plans for assigned accounts/geography based on strategic importance, understanding of market, firsthand customer information, and alignment with regional and US strategies.
- Identify and build relationships with primary point of contact for assigned customers, meeting with key personnel and/or decision makers to understand customer needs and identify business opportunities.
- Ability to organize and present technical product information to key decision makers.
- Monitor product performance and customer satisfaction and provide feedback to the company as required.
- Outline strategy for relationship building, solutions, and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities.
- Develop sales forecasts (by account, product, volume, etc.) to support efficient production planning and raw material purchasing.
- Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster a one Company approach to enhance knowledge of the entire product portfolio.
- Maintain an expert working knowledge of all products in and out of the division of focus.
- Build multi-level and cross functional relationships with strategic new customers.
- Effectively communicate relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Assist in the introduction and representation of products through trade shows, seminars, conferences, and other industry opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership.
- Other duties as needed.
Dairy Sales Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of experience in the Livestock (preferably, Dairy) and/or agricultural field.
- S. in Agriculture or relevant experience considered in lieu of degree or 3 + years sales or dairy industry experience.
- Demonstrated professional sales skills, including effective communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to close-the-sale. Understanding and experience in the selling cycle is critical.
- The ability to communicate technical information effectively, written, and oral.
- General computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter, independent thinker; ability to make decisions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to travel weekly.
- Strong commitment to customer excellence and needs.
- 5 + years dairy industry sales experience.
- Previous sales experience and demonstration of sales success.
- Passion for the dairy industry.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Minimal international travel required for geographic expansion and product launch efforts
- Occasional weekend requirements for industry meetings, conferences, customer events/outings etc.
- This job may bring you in close contact to large and small domesticated livestock, including but not limited to chickens, cows, pigs, and horses. Field work in farm settings is expected and required.
Native Microbials offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including wellness program.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.