Sr. Manager/Director of FP&A
Native Microbials is a growing biotechnology company based in San Diego, CA.
About Native Microbials
Native Microbials is the leader in advanced microbiome science and solutions serving livestock and pets around the world.
Harnessing a proprietary technology platform that decodes the microbial ecosystem in and on animals, Native creates and delivers world-class microbials products that provide a measurable benefit to the productivity, efficiency, and sustainability of our world's animals. Native R&D headquarters is in San Diego and is supported by multiple fields, sales, and production operations around the world. Visit NativeMicrobials.com to learn more.
The Position and You: Reporting to the Finance Director, the Sr. Manager/ Director of Finance's primary functions are to oversee the planning, execution, and performance analyses of our business lines, to enable and support key investment decisions and fundraising efforts, and to scope and analyze new and existing projects to ensure a maximal value creation for Native Microbials customers and Native Microbials shareholders. This seasoned professional not only understands current accounting practices and trends but applies this expertise to benefit the Company on a regular and ongoing basis. As a key member of the organization, he/she is expected to summarize data in executive form for presentations and discussions.
- Provide analytical and planning support to enable development and achievement of performance targets. Lead benchmarking and opportunity assessment.
- Effectively support with the identification, implementation, and reporting of management KPIs establishing clear and credible performance measurement
- Track performance against targets and variance analysis.
- Clearly articulate operating performance in reporting, forecasting, and development of contingency plans.
- Responsible for the complete planning and quarterly forecasting cycle with the focus on optimizing pipeline, bookings, revenue, COGS, expenses, and maximize runway.
- Develop and implement financial models to streamline decision-making
- Evolve a best-in-class business planning process and ensure alignment across FP&A. This may include developing policies, processes, timelines, managing the operating cadence, tools, and communication. Elevate the level of reporting and insights for the overall company.
- Establish and execute programs for the provision of capital required by the company, including negotiating the procurement of debt and equity capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements. Coordinate the long-range plans of the company, assess the financial requirements and develop alternative ways in which financial requirements can be met.
- Support benchmarking and opportunity assessments at the business level and support different business groups (e.g. sales and manufacturing) in delivering best practice analytics.
- Support the business planning by developing and managing financial models, diligence materials and reports on key operating metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of finance leadership experience, prior experience in FP&A for a smaller business of a division of a public company.
- 7 years of management experience
- Experience in one or more of the following is required: (a) life sciences or biotech industries, (b) technology sector, and/or (c) manufacturing in a "deep tech" sector.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field
- Proven experience scaling a business and implementing high quality FP&A functions and systems.
- Proven experience overseeing and conducting analyses and communicating recommendations to the executive team.
- Prior experience with high growth environment.
- Proven experience raising capital through debt, private and public capital markets.
- Proven track record in driving process improvements.
- Mastery of Project management principles and concepts
- Significant proven experience in developing ad hoc flexible financial models for various analysis.
- MBA from Top 10 school.
- Exposure to sales operations.
- Minimal international travel is required for geographic expansion and product launch efforts.
- Occasional weekend requirements for industry meetings, conferences, etc.
Native Microbials offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a wellness program.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.