Native Microbials is a growing biotechnology company based in San Diego, CA.
About Native Microbials
Native Microbials is the leader in advanced microbiome science and solutions serving livestock and pets around the world.
Harnessing a proprietary technology platform that decodes the microbial ecosystem in and on animals, Native creates and delivers world-class microbials products that provide a measurable benefit to the productivity, efficiency, and sustainability of our world's animals. Native R&D headquarters is in San Diego and is supported by multiple fields, sales, and production operations around the world. Visit NativeMicrobials.com to learn more.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Associate is responsible for researching new vendors, tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates, requisition forms, invoices.) Must be familiar with supply chain procedures and know how to create and translate cost analyses. Will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory for all material types (e.g. manufacturing, formulation, research and development, product fulfillment)
Procurement Associate Responsibilities:
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs for all product types
- Research potential vendors
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal management systems/databases with order details (dates, vendors, quantities)
- Effectively monitor market trends to help identify improved pricing
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses for managers
- Respond to inquiries from management regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts electronically.
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and 3rd Party warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
Procurement Associate Qualifications:
- 1-2 years work experience as a Procurement Assistant, or similar role
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration, or relevant field
- Strong understanding of supply chain procedures
- Hands-on experience with purchasing materials and
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of market research
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to travel to the San Diego, CA office daily with up to 1 day per week work from home
- Minimal international travel is required for geographic expansion and product launch efforts.
- Occasional weekend requirements for industry meetings, conferences, etc.
Native Microbials offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including a wellness program.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.