At NationBuilder we create software for leaders. We work with advocacy groups, nonprofit organizations, political candidates and parties, community organizers, and anyone else trying to make something happen in the world. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from small town organizers trying to win their school board election, to the largest political parties, candidates, and NGOs around the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission, beliefs and values.
NationBuilder is actively seeking a Professional Services Engineering Lead. The Professional Services Engineering Lead is a technical member of the Professional Services team who works with internal teams, and directly with customers, to design and implement complex solutions. This role will be integral to the building, running, and maturing of a growing technical team. You will be responsible for maturing more junior engineers on the team, and across the business. You will assess requirements, conduct feasibility explorations, and work with other team members to plan and develop solutions. You will act as the liaison for the Professional Services to the Product, Engineering and Engineering Management functions.
The Professional Services Engineering Lead is a senior engineer position and candidates are expected to have experience with multiple programming languages, hosting environments, engineering best practices, and various tools of the trade. The ideal candidate also has experience leading teams and fostering growth in new engineering talent. You must be a clear communicator, capable of working both with customers directly and with internal teams. You must embrace problem solving, have keen attention to detail, and the ability to think both creatively and pragmatically. You can balance decisions about technical architecture to match the scope of the solutions when they run the gamut from one-off custom solutions to highly repeatable ones.
Successful Professional Services Engineering Leads are self-motivated, with an innate curiosity, have a passion for developing more junior engineers, and for building new and innovative solutions. They are reliable, they work efficiently, and are always looking for “a better way to do it.”
- Are a voracious learner
- Identify as a self-starter who takes initiative to find new and inventive solutions to complex challenges
- Are a pragmatic problem solver, knowing how to find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did.”
- Have experience with containerized applications, and hosting applications in AWS, Heroku, or similar
- Have extensive experience building solutions that heavily leverage third-party APIs
- Bring at least 5-7 years of professional software engineering experience
- Have interests and passions beyond work. Perhaps you're a meditator, a snowboarder, a great cook, or an aspiring unicyclist?