Who We Are
National Research Group (NRG) is a fast-growing research and insights agency that top entertainment companies trust to decode consumer tastes and trends around the world. With the entertainment ecosystem in a period of immense change, we are looking for the best and the brightest to help shape the future of storytelling for the world’s most admired and innovative content creators.
Why You’ll Love It Here
We are inspired by working with storytellers that challenge us to think differently and see the world in new ways. As a result, our business is driven by creative, curious, and inventive people who have a passion for pop culture. We work as a collective across disciplines and geographies to bring together the best thinking for every assignment, delivering insights to bold storytellers everywhere.
We are looking for a Jr. Product Manager who will assist with the roadmap of NRG’s data platform products. They will participate in the creation of new products and features, driving the idea from concept to launch. They will work cross-functionally gathering product requirements and prioritizing the implementation of features to ensure the roadmap exceeds market needs and is highly usable to our users. We are seeking qualified individuals who can take ownership, solve problems, and have an insatiable desire to transform the product.
If you feel that you can make an impact through innovation and collaboration and come to work with a passion to create amazing applications that wow our clients, this is the Product Manager job for you.
- Understand the product and the needs of our clients through frequent feedback and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Use customer feedback, competitive analysis, and other metrics to guide product roadmap.
- Gather and document requirements. Write user stories, acceptance criteria, release communication. In addition, maintain and prioritize user stories, and work with developers, marketing, executives and UX/UI designers to come up with testable user-focused solutions, testing prototype interfaces and workflows.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment with cross-functional teams (designers, developers, QA, and client teams) during the entire lifecycle of the product. Participate in product sprints and representing the customer in product initiatives. Manage both product and sprint backlogs.
- Present and keep current the product roadmaps and prioritize feature development to ensure the features and functionality we build happen at the right time and are a good fit for our customers' needs and aligned with business objectives.
- Provide clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business and development teams – including product strategy, pricing, positioning, competition and roll-out of large features and modules for existing and new products.
- Plan and manage product roll-out and assist with the day-to-day operational support post roll-out.
- Monitor product performance (KPIs) with reports, dashboards and periodic stakeholder reviews. Think big to evolve our customer experiences with our web presence and web systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent job experience.
- 1-3 years of Product Manager experience in an Agile / Scrum Development team preferred but not required
- CSPO/CSM preferred, but not required
- Experience creating / maintaining / prioritizing product roadmaps, design requirements / requirements documents, and user stories.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex ideas, break them down into smaller, sequential plans, while understanding interdependencies to deliver solutions.
- Strong influencing skills to guide a team to understand Program Features and the impact to the story and iteration deliverables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to develop stories and to inform team and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodologies and corresponding tools (ex. Azure DevOps/Jira/Confluence/Zendesk).
- Be operationally minded, deliver results, and execute quickly on backlogs.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
NRG provides flexible work options – employees will be given the choice to work remotely, work out of a designated office (Culver City, New York, or London) or a hybrid of the two.
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you want to work at NRG
- Why you're interested in working in the entertainment industry?