At NewLeaf Cannabis, we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer; offer our products in a clean, contemporary space that invites return visits; and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work.
We bring our ideology to life through our people, and we are currently looking for Sales Associates.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player: contribute to a positive store environment through effective communication, teamwork and partnership with all team members.
- Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
- Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
- Share your passion: demonstrate values and behaviours consistent with NewLeaf Cannabis.
- Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
- Be responsible: handle all Point of Sale (POS) transactions ensuring compliance with all store operating procedures and AGLC legislation.
- Be an educator: ensure an outstanding customer experience by enhancing the cannabis education of all customers and effectively resolve any customer concerns.
If you have:
- Minimum 2 years’ retail experience, preferably in a customer focused environment,
- A proven track record of successful sales experience,
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and know when to seek guidance,
- Experience working with similar brands/products (not necessary, but an asset),
- Must have current SellSafe and Qualified Cannabis Worker certification,
- A flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and evenings), and
- A passion for customer service excellence
NewLeaf welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability, thus ensuring that they can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you have a request or concern please include a cover letter, outlining your request when replying to this job posting.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check
This is an evolving position as such, the responsibilities and the job title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, complete our online application form.
Message to Agencies
NewLeaf Cannabis does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to NewLeaf Cannabis employees is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to NewLeaf Cannabis are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, resumes will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with NewLeaf Cannabis, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of resumes by the vendor has been authorized in writing by NewLeaf Cannabis for such specified position. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of NewLeaf Cannabis and no fee shall be due for any candidate that may be subsequently hired.