About National Access Cannabis (NAC)
NAC is Canada's largest recreational cannabis retailer. With a network of retail locations nationwide, NAC is the leader in secure, safe and responsible access to legal recreational cannabis in Canada. Through its Canada-wide network of Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ and NewLeaf Cannabis™ recreational cannabis retail stores and National Access Cannabis Medical's cannabis clinics and pharmacy partnerships, NAC enables the public and registered patients to gain knowledgeable access to Canada's network of authorized Licensed Producers of cannabis. NAC is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol (TSXV: META).
For more information, visit:
Reporting to the Director, Systems & Infrastructure, the Manager, I.T is responsible for providing support to the company’s operations across Canada for both our medical cannabis clinics and network of healthcare professionals and educators, as well as our retail recreational cannabis businesses, NewLeaf Cannabis and Meta Cannabis Supply Co. The position will be responsible for proactive service delivery to these internal clients and ensuring best-practice standards are being met resulting in IT systems performance. The position will also assist on IT projects and initiatives as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Manager, I.T will:
- Identify risks and provide solutions ensuring internal client satisfaction
- Respond to inquiries in a timely fashion, ensuring open communication with all stakeholders
- Provisioning and maintenance of designated solutions
- Documentation and maintenance of network diagrams, systems, and configurations
- Physical and logical analysis of networks and applications
- Support and diagnosis of technical issues involved firewalls, VPNS, routing etc
- Perform a variety of network problem analysis and monitoring tasks, monitor network management systems and respond appropriately to user requests and problems
- Develop, implement, and/or participate in the preparation knowledge base articles and/or documentation for internal use; make recommendations for improvements
- Participate in the evolution of a comprehensive training plan for procedures; assist in on-the-job training personnel when required
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Collect, organize and document all problems and solutions in the Service Desk Tracking System
- Attend and be involved during team meetings
- Participate in special projects or other duties as required
WHAT YOU BRING
Superior IT skills and knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of application and desktop systems and configuration, installations/upgrades techniques, application management, problem identification and resolution
- Experience configuring Cisco Meraki and Juniper Firewalls
- Advanced knowledge of network operating systems, Microsoft Systems and network management including administration, configuration, protocols (TCP/IP), security, storage, and fault management
- Advanced knowledge of MS Exchange Administration
- Advanced Knowledge of VMware
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Controller administration
- Expertise in firewalls, network and server security, SSL certificates and best security practices Experience configuring and troubleshooting VOIP systems
- Experience with L2/L3 networks: WIFI, VLANs, 802.1x, VPN, Firewall, NAT, DNS, QOS.
- Experience supporting leading e-Commerce platforms
- Experience supporting O365 environment
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in Computer Science (equivalent hands-on experience in lieu is acceptable)
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering both Windows & Mac OS environments
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and spoken English) with an ability to present ideas and technical information in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, with an ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Strong business acumen, with a good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Solutions-focused, organized, accurate and able to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity
National Access Cannabis (NAC) provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
NAC is professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All of our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
National Access Cannabis welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, National Access Cannabis will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, complete our online application form.
Message to Agencies
National Access Cannabis does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to National Access Cannabis employees is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to National Access Cannabis are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, resumes will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with National Access Cannabis, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of resumes by the vendor has been authorized in writing by National Access Cannabis for such specified position. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of National Access Cannabis and no fee shall be due for any candidate that may be subsequently hired.