Retail Team Leader
This has never been done before. We are creating culture based on our values and we want to hire people who feel a sense of ownership and responsibility to demonstrate that cannabis can enhance the lives of Canadians and their communities.
At META our philosophy is simple. Creating a customer experience that is unique and tailored to you. We offer customers a safe and responsible journey. We aim to educate and raise awareness about cannabis and the products we stock. Our stores are our homes, we take pride in our appearance and creating a welcoming space for our guests to have access to our knowledge, experience and advice.
The Retail Team Leader works to support the store manager team in assigned store functions to ensure overall operational efficiency, a positive customer experience, and assist your team in making a positive impact within META Cannabis Supply Co. You are instrumental in ensuring we are leaders in the cannabis industry, not only in customer service, education and positive community impact, but also in business efficiency. In this role, you will ensure that your store runs smoothly and professionally, complies with marketing and sales campaigns, and meets legal requirements, budget and sales goals. You will further ensure that your store team is trained, educated and given every tool needed for success.
Key Job Responsibilities and Activities:
- Foster an environment in which each META Cannabis Supply Co. member is empowered and supported to be successful
- Be open-minded and proactive in adopting change
- Provide leadership to the store team to meet and exceed our customer’s expectations
- Lead by example and promote professionalism in everything META does
Sales and Customer Service
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment to all our customers
- Open and close of cash registers and debit/credit machines, balancing cash and making deposits
- Process all sales transactions through POS
- Recommend, select, promote merchandise based on customer needs
- Assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on specific products
- Build rapport through conversation and honest recommendations
- Maintain up to date product knowledge including strains carried, product accessories and be able to describe intended uses in specific detail
- Remain current on publicly available research and literature on the benefits of Cannabis
Presentation and Image
- Ensure the META brand is always represented in a professional manner
- Maintain a culture that is knowledgeable, personal, and customer-focused
- Maintain store standards with regard to cleanliness, maintenance and overall customer experience
- Ensure an industry leading experience is delivered to our customers every time they visit your store
Compliance and Security
- Ensure LGCAMB compliance in all transactions including requests for ID, storage of product (s) and transaction records
- Ensure you always have a copy of your Smart Choices Cannabis Retail Certification on you
- Maintain complete and accurate records of inventory, sales, security issues, and issue log
- Watch for and recognize security risks and theft and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
- Ensure all product is securely stored according to LGCAMB and META practices
- Ensure that your store meets or exceeds all licensing and regulatory requirements
- Assist your Store Manager on various administration functions
- Approve changes to schedules and actively manage retail staff
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- 1 - 2 years’ retail leadership experience
- Valid Smart Choices Cannabis Retail Certification
- Product knowledge
- Computer (including point-of-sale, Microsoft office, social media, and learning management systems)
- Customer Service
What you bring:
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Sound judgment and excellent analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Proven business acumen and negotiation skills
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Tactful and discreet; ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Flexible with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Strong command of the English language
- Strong written, communication, computer, and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy and excellent follow-up skills
- Highly motivated and detailed orientated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
This Job might be for you if:
- You enjoy offering a first-class customer service
- You love daily challenges and offering creative solutions
- Things change, and you know how to roll with the punches
- You have exceptional organizational skills to handle multiple competing priorities
- You can think on your feet
- You can stay focused, so nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You can work with people positively in a fast paced, high expectation environment
- You feel, if anything is worth doing, it’s worth doing right, every single time
- You pay attention to all the details, no matter how minor
- You stay cool under pressure and don’t get flustered easily
- You do not know the answer, you will dig until you find it
We would love to hear from you if:
- You can communicate clearly and speak eloquently
- You can explain just about anything, to anyone
- You are motivated and driven
- You volunteer for new challenges, without waiting to be asked
- You take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference
How to apply:
Representative Workforce -formerly employment equity- is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter and/or resume if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, and you have spoken with your current manager, to express an interest in this position, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, then click or copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply for this position.
As part of the cannabis industry regulations, all offers will be made contingent upon completion of an employee background screening, including criminal check.
All employees will be required to successfully complete the appropriate provincial cannabis server/selling training & certification as well an META’s internal training program.
Meta Cannabis Supply Co. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability, thus ensuring that they can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you have a request or concern please include a cover letter, outlining your request when replying to this job posting email.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.