At NewLeaf Cannabis, we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer, offer our products in a clean, contemporary space that invites return visits, and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work. We are currently searching for an energetic and charismatic leader to join our team as an Assistant Store Manager.
You’re a natural teacher and have a passion for helping others deliver outstanding customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will lead, coach, and develop your team to make a positive impact in the NewLeaf communities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Take the initiative: recruit, coach, and train top talent in an emerging new industry to ensure your team educates and informs their customers.
- Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
- Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
- Share your passion: as the resident expert and enthusiast on our products, you ensure excellent staff training and development.
- Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
- Make it happen: use your problem-solving and collaborative approach to achieve the (seemingly) impossible.
- Aspire for operational excellence: Develop and implement processes and procedures, oversee inventory, provide feedback on product trends and customer needs, maintain corporate visual merchandising standards, as well as assist with audits and AGLC requirements.
If you have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and at least 1- 2 years’ retail leadership experience,
- Experience working with similar brands/products (not necessary, but an asset),
- Must already have, or be able to quickly obtain, SellSafe and Qualified Cannabis Worker certification,
- Ability to develop and train staff through positive coaching and feedback
- Strong organisation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and evenings)
- A passion for customer service excellence
And these qualifications:
- MS Office suite
- POS expertise
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated abilities in visual planning and merchandising
NewLeaf welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability, thus ensuring that they can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you have a request or concern please include a cover letter, outlining your request when replying to this job posting.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check
This is an evolving position as such, the responsibilities and the job title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, then click or copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply for this position.