Department: Corporate and Operations
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Position Details: This is a full-time, permanent employment opportunity
Experience: Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Business or equivalent
Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
Lean Six Sigma Green / Black Belt tenure or equivalent
Languages: Excellent verbal & written English language skills
French verbal & written language skills, considered an asset
PC Aptitude: Computer experience and comfort in core Microsoft Office packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
National Access Cannabis Corp. (NAC) is Canada's largest recreational cannabis retailer by provincial store count. With a portfolio of retail locations nationwide, NAC is the leader in secure, safe and responsible access to legal recreational cannabis in Canada. Through its Canada-wide network of Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ and NewLeaf Cannabis™ recreational cannabis retail stores and NAC Medical's cannabis clinics and pharmacy partnerships, NAC enables the public and registered patients to gain knowledgeable access to Canada's network of authorized Licensed Producers of cannabis. NAC is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol (TSXV: META).
For more information:
Click here to go to National Access Cannabis
Click here to go to NewLeaf Cannabis
Click here to go to Meta Cannabis Supply Co.
Click here to go to NACBIO
Click here to go to National Access Cannabis Medical
The Manager, Business Excellence will work with a diverse team of department heads to provide specialized business management guidance and support and implement policies, processes and initiatives that meet National Access Cannabis’ overarching business management, strategy and governance objectives.
The Manager, Business Excellence will contribute specialized knowledge to the team and ensure business requirements for future areas of specialization are satisfied and fully integrated. Through active relationship building with department heads and end-users, the Manager, Business Excellence will ensure quality delivery, implementation of systems and process change, along with appropriate communication and training support for effective and enhanced integration and compatibility. The incumbent will ensure a model of continuous improvement through ongoing assessment of processes and deliverables across the entire National Access Cannabis workflow, systems, and strategy.
This role works closely across several teams.
- Understand, collaborate, liaise, and communicate with both internal business units to plan and provide for information systems/business flow changes to meet current and future requirements
- Provide analytical support in quality reviews of team deliverables and ensure adherence to standard project and business analysis methodology
- Support development and/or/ implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize availability of service, efficiency and effectiveness
- Mentors business leaders and project stakeholders following appropriate improvement methodology
- Project & Change Management with all stakeholders to enhance the adoption and usage of systems in support for operations
- Implementation and facilitation of all improvement projects in progress with leadership team and stakeholders
- Ensure initiatives have an effective change management /communication plan
- Lead review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Research, investigate and recommend system and business process improvements
- Train employees on usage of Business Excellence Methodology to implement the identified process improvement projects
- Root Cause Analysis of process failures and identify the root causes to prevent the re-occurrences of such causes of failure
- Drive and facilitate the improvement culture in the organization
- Conduct benchmarking, best practices and other competitor assessment studies, incorporating learnings into improvement plans where applicable
- Foster the spirit of communication, collaboration and continuous improvement within the organization leveraging new or existing best practices, tools and Operations Excellence methods
- Part of the Leadership Team; involved in planning and organizational review meetings
- Champion the culture of NAC and a positive work environment
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Critical Skills and Competencies:
- Strategic thinker with an operational focus
- Ability to work within a team, flexibility in approach to work
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and in a collaborative team setting
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Superior interpersonal, communication, customer-service skills
- Ability to think "outside the box”
- Demonstrated ability to develop trusting relationships at all levels within an organization
- Self-motivated and proactive, results oriented and committed to meeting deadlines
- Able to work additional hours as required, some travel may be required
- Able to work with people positively in a fast paced, high expectation environment
- Attention to detail and the ability to deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Able to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in various situations
- Computer literacy in MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity:
National Access Cannabis (NAC) provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
NAC is professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All of our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
National Access Cannabis welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, National Access Cannabis will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position, as such the responsibilities and the job title may shift during the course of your employment to reflect a change in responsibilities.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume and complete our online application form.
Message to Agencies:
National Access Cannabis does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to National Access Cannabis employees is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to National Access Cannabis are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, resumes will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with National Access Cannabis, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of resumes by the vendor has been authorized in writing by National Access Cannabis for such specified position. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of National Access Cannabis and no fee shall be due for any candidate that may be subsequently hired.