Department Human Resources
Reports To HR, Director
Position Details This is a full-time, 3 Month Contract employment opportunity to start
Experience Minimum 18months’; experience in a similar role
Languages Excellent verbal and written English language skills, French verbal and written language skills, considered an asset
PC Aptitude Computer experience and comfort in core Microsoft Office packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
About National Access Cannabis Corp.
NAC is Canada's largest recreational cannabis retailer by provincial store count. With a portfolio of retail locations nationwide, NAC is the leader in secure, safe and responsible access to legal recreational cannabis in Canada. Through its Canada-wide network of Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ and NewLeaf Cannabis™ recreational cannabis retail stores and NAC Medical's cannabis clinics and pharmacy partnerships, NAC enables the public and registered patients to gain knowledgeable access to Canada's network of authorized Licensed Producers of cannabis. NAC is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol (TSXV: META).
For more information, visit:
Click here to go to National Access Cannabis
Click here to go to NewLeaf Cannabis
Click here to go to Meta Cannabis Supply Co.
Click here to go to NACBIO
Click here to go to National Access Cannabis Medical
Join a growing company and expanding industry! National Access Cannabis is currently looking to hire a Recruitment Coordinator, who will play a key role in the support of our Talent Acquisition and Human Resources team in the recreational cannabis business in Canada.
The Recruitment Coordinator will be hands-on in support of recruiting top talent across all our brands and divisions. The incumbent must have a passion for a full 360-recruitment cycle an be willing to support new employees through on boarding and orientation.
This role works closely across our brands and divisions.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player
- Own the full recruitment cycle for assigned roles
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for timely completion
- Set realistic expectations of the 14 step recruitment cycle
- Post roles on career websites, reviews resumes and conducts initial screenings of qualified candidates
- Identify potential candidates through various forms of recruitment, such as resume review, local career fairs, networking and candidate sourcing
- Candidate Screening: Screen resumes and candidate information to determine which candidates best meet position needs.
- Schedule interviews and phone calls, conduct preliminary phone screens with candidates, communicate daily activity
- Submit pre-employment assessments, background and reference checks
- Maintain candidate relationship via questions over the phone, email, etc.
- Communicate with local HR, field recruiting and hiring managers through the search process
- Assist hiring managers to navigate through our Applicant Tracking System and assist them in creating and maintaining requisitions and offer requests.
- Support the on-boarding and orientation of new employees
- Live the culture: want to be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience
- Be an educator: ensure an outstanding customer experience by enhancing the recruitment education of all hiring managers and effectively resolve any recruitment concerns
We would love to meet you, If you have:
- An excellent understanding of the retail environment
- An interest in recruiting or account management
- A strong background in Recruitment or Human Resources
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation of working with others and anticipating needs
- Reliable and dependable work ethic
- Solid investigative and creative problem-solving skills
- Are resourceful, enthusiastic, professional
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity:
National Access Cannabis (NAC) provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
NAC is professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All of our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
National Access Cannabis welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, National Access Cannabis will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position, as such the responsibilities and the job title may shift during the course of the contract to reflect a change in responsibilities.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume and complete our online application form.
Message to Agencies:
National Access Cannabis does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to National Access Cannabis employees is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to National Access Cannabis are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, resumes will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with National Access Cannabis, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of resumes by the vendor has been authorized in writing by National Access Cannabis for such specified position. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of National Access Cannabis and no fee shall be due for any candidate that may be subsequently hired.