THIS IS A THREE (3) MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
National Access Cannabis Medical (NACM) is dedicated to helping people improve their well-being. We listen and act compassionately towards all of our clients’ needs. We educate our patients on both the benefits and risks of cannabis use. We assure individual safety by screening for drug interactions. We offer follow through consultations. We are Canada’s best practices leader in developing safe, responsible and conscientious access to legal medical cannabis.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) utilizes clinic processes, in collaboration with the NACM team, to deliver consistent quality cannabinoid education and care which meets the needs of our clients through their life span.
The RPN participates in the provision of health care to clients by applying clinical and cannabinoid knowledge, skills, and judgment to assess client needs.
The RPN accepts responsibility for continuing competency through ongoing professional development including participation in education programs, research and continuous quality activities. The RPN provides restricted activities and care within the full scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The RPN adheres to professional practice standards and Code of Ethics and employer policies and procedures. The RPN is responsible and accountable for his/her own practice as defined by the College.
Duties and responsibilities
The RPN’s Clinic role is fully encompassing, including but not limited to:
Assessment and Monitoring:
- Perform and contribute to the initial and ongoing clinical assessment of assigned clients
- Document health information from objective/subjective sources to identify client health needs
- Collect, document, report and monitor changes in health status using critical judgment skills
- Assess the client's ability to function independently in their home environment
- Responsible for external communication to physicians and medical clinics (physician requests, requesting medical records)
- Update primary physicians on patient status with detailed progress reports
- Participate in the client’s treatment plan in conjunction with our MD’s
- Analyze information and identify priorities
- Identify and initiate interventions within the RPN legislated scope of practice
- Provide, initiate, and reinforce teaching using developed educational materials
- Participate in the development of a treatment plan to meet client needs, including identifying and coordinating resources required to ensure continuity of care
- Perform periodic patient follow-ups as per policy
Care Plan Implementation:
- Consult with Physicians regarding the client condition and implement treatment as ordered
- Implement and maintain treatments and prescribed cannabinoid treatment plan(s)
- Observe, report and document changes in client status
- Evaluate and suggest modifications to treatment plans in accordance with the client’s needs on an ongoing basis
- Record complete and accurate relevant data for every client in a retrievable form according to policy
- Serve as an advocate to represent client concerns and to ensure client concerns and needs are addressed
- Participate in programs to develop and maintain clinical competency and promote professional growth
- Participate as a team member in quality improvement activities
- Demonstrate ethical practice and professionalism in working with clients, colleagues other health care providers and the public
Education & Research:
- Participate in research, staff development projects, in-service education classes and other activities as appropriate
- Participate in the orientation of new employees
- Perform medical community outreach
- Multi-tasking. prioritizing tasks, promoting Best Practices, decision making, reporting skills, relationship building, good listening, supervision, better judgement, emotional intelligence, compassion, good listening skills, independent worker, keen observation
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario, in good standing
- Maintain competencies outlined in legislation and by the profession through continuous learning
- 3 years RPN experience preferred
- Related community nursing experience preferred
- Ability to work to full scope of practice as defined by the college.
- Knowledge of/or having worked closely with the cannobinoid community/industry is an asset
- Knowledge of Veterans Affairs Canada/medical processes and documentation is an asset
- Knowledge/experience working in the cannabinoid industry is an asset
- Knowledge/experience working with insurance firms is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of team commitment and good interpersonal skills in dealing with clients, colleagues, physicians and the public
- Evidence of flexibility, initiative and commitment
- Evidence of maturity, diplomacy and tact
- Experience working with client database software an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Google Business Suite
- Knowledge of social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc) and the ability to adapt to stay relevant
National Access Cannabis Medical welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability, thus ensuring that they can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you have a request or concern please include a cover letter, outlining your request when replying to this job posting.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, then click or copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply for this position.