This has never been done before. We are creating culture based on our values and we want to hire people who feel a sense of ownership and responsibility to demonstrate that cannabis can enhance the lives of Canadians and their communities.
National Access Cannabis Medical (NACM) is a unique health care service provider that specializes in prescribing medical cannabis and provides members with ongoing education and care. We work alongside Health Canada and licensed producers to help qualifying patients gain access to their license, as well as provide resources and support on using medical cannabis in their day-to-day routine. NACM has developed a strong history of effectively delivering secure, safe, and responsible access to legal cannabis for thousands of Canadian patients and our business model will be effectively replicated for the recreational cannabis retail space with a new brand, Meta Cannabis Supply Co (META™).
At NACM/META our philosophy is simple. Creating a customer experience that is unique and tailored to you. We offer customers a safe and responsible journey. We aim to educate and raise awareness about cannabis and the products we stock. Our stores are our homes, we take pride in our appearance and creating a welcoming space for our guests to have access to our knowledge, experience and advice.
The Digital Media and Marketing Manager will play a key role in the design and implementation of National Access Cannabis Medical’s (NACM) digital media marketing strategy around medical cannabis. In partnership with senior management, the incumbent will define long and short-term goals.
Duties and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of the Digital Media and Marketing Manager will be to:
- Contribute to NACM’s overall marketing, branding, communications and merchandising strategy.
- Implement various integrated digital marketing elements primarily for NACM’s medical cannabis related initiatives and META Cannabis Supply Company’s adult use retail cannabis business, as required.
- Determine digital marketing objectives and strategies to ensure organizational goals are met or exceeded.
- Plan and execute all activities related to integrated digital marketing on time and on budget, as per the expansion strategy, including:
- Web – oversee the development of a medical cannabis focused website.
- E-Commerce – Plan and implement e-commerce into digital platforms.
- Social Media – oversee and develop strategy for the NACM social media network: including content planning and development.
- Database & Newsletters – oversee and develop strategy for NACM database marketing.
- Content & Creative Asset Management - Plan all content and design for medical model digital channels, working with graphic designers, videographers and photographers.
- SEO, Data Planning & Tracking, and Marketing Implementation - work with internal team and agencies to plan, implement and manage social, search and mobile strategies that complement and enhance marketing plans
- Learning Management System (LMS) – Plan and design medical cannabis course modules for various audiences.
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with the marketing department, medical operations team, along with clinic managers, to ensure national campaigns are fully integrated.
- Manage external agencies and vendors to support marketing and digital portfolios.
- Provide inputs and insights into the organization’s expansion strategy, representing the digital marketing perspective.
- Champion the culture of NACM and ensure a positive work environment
- Monitor, assess and evaluate digital marketing against goals.
- Ensure compliance of digital media and marketing initiatives with federal, provincial and municipal regulations, including Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL) and the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR) and the Cannabis Act.
- Perform other functions pertinent to the role as requested by the VP of Marketing or VP of Medical Operations.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, branding, and social media.
- Knowledge of the medical cannabis industry (or similar regulated industry) is an asset.
- Experience or knowledge in designing and managing pharmacy or medical continuing education programs is an asset.
- Experience with an LMS systems is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapidly growing and changing environment, with short timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced project management, budgeting and forecasting skills with attention to detail.
- Outstanding people management skills, strategic leadership abilities, and ability to develop and grow talent.
- Excellent judgment in decision-making, problem solving, and ability to clearly explain your perspective to others.
- Highly motivated, passionate and enthusiastic.
Working Environment & Travel
- Office working environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 7 years progressive leadership experience in digital marketing.
- University degree in business management/Health Sciences/Marketing.
Managerial Focus Areas
- Social Media & Web
- Advertising & Media
- Data Analysis
NACM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability, thus ensuring that they can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you have a request or concern please include a cover letter, outlining your request when replying to this email.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a pre-employment background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. Any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the responsibilities and the job title may shift to reflect a change in requirements and responsibilities.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume in the top right corner, then click or copy and paste the link below into your browser to apply for this position.