Get to know NATIC
North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter with 60 years of expertise. Through its family of companies - North American Title and States Title - we impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent and affiliated agents.
With support from its exclusive underwriter, NATIC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25 billion title and settlement industry.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes gathered information and pre-approval reviews and determines suitability of applicant; as it relates to prospective independent issuing agencies, sub-agencies, settlement agents, escrow agents, approved attorneys, TX fee attorneys, and IL supported agents.
- Analyzes gathered information and pre-approval reviews and renders decisions on independent issuing agency territory expansion requests and other contractual revisions, with discretionary escalation to senior management.
- Performs business and compliance interview on prospective independent issuing agencies, as may be deemed necessary during the new agency application process.
- Assists Agency Administration Department with new independent issuing agency on-boarding process and active agencies, with respect to compliance with agency underwriting agreement requirements, company programs, regulatory requirements, and ALTA Best Practice initiatives.
- Evaluates individual independent issuing agency performance and prepares assessment for senior management committee consideration, resulting in retention or termination of agency.
- Creates remediation plans and coordinates implementation for active independent issuing agents, as it may relate to annual agency assessments, quality assurance reviews or any other agency performance reviews and/or concerns.
- Assists Agency Administration Department with completion of independent issuing agency termination process.
- Assists with information gathering for state regulatory examinations and internal audits from Corporate Compliance Department.
- Assists NATIC Vice President of Operations with compliance monitoring programs and periodic testing procedures, including planning, reviewing, evaluating risks, identifying improvements to existing controls or designing useful new controls (including cost/benefit analysis), and maintaining applicable documentation for the compliance program.
- Maintains regulatory requirement knowledge base and ensures compliance across all geographical areas.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes general agency compliance related reports.
- General oversight of Agency Compliance Department.
- Performs other duties or special projects, as it may relate to NATIC Operations or other business units and as directed by NATIC’s Vice President of Operations.
What you should bring to the table:
- Good judgment, organizational and analytical skills, and keen attention to detail, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication abilities. Very high commitment to accuracy, thoroughness, and polish of work.
- Willingness and ability to research and develop technology solutions to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Willingness and ability to learn NATIC’s business, including the basics of the product line; regulatory environment; basics of analytic and software development and deployment; end-user applications of products and services.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed‑oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Must have a problem-solving desire/orientation and be able to deal with complex problems in an efficient manner leading to management recommendations and decision.
- Team player with the ability to effectively collaborate with various departments and business units.
- Ability to provide instruction and training to other NATIC employees and independent issuing agency personnel.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Legal or a related field preferred.
- Seven plus years’ recent experience in the title insurance industry of which a minimum of 5 years as an escrow officer or 5 years’ experience as an agency auditor for a title insurance company. A good working knowledge of the escrow and title operations and related regulations.
- Ability to understand complex insurance rules, rate and processes for various states.
- Management experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products including Excel Pivot Tables.
- Salesforce (or similar CRM platform) experience preferred.
What NATIC brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees include medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting-edge employee options not typically found in market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin