Get to know NATIC
North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter with 60 years of expertise. Through its family of companies - North American Title and States Title - we impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent and affiliated agents.
With support from its exclusive underwriter, NATIC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25 billion title and settlement industry.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Operations Manager to ensure production goals and service levels are met.
- Train, coach, and mentor staff to meet current and future business requirements.
- Assist in developing and documenting training and best practice procedures
- Supervise, coordinate and assign Tasks to examiners
- Consider business needs and implications of workflows to determine the proper distribution of tasks.
- Continuously review orders in queue, customer requests, and other items to ensure acceptable delivery standards.
- Handle Customer escalations to resolve outstanding issues
- Examines deeds, grant deeds of trust, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, re-conveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, assessor's parcel maps and other documents
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for questionable documents
- Works with Underwriting or other higher-level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages
- Coordinates typing of completed reports with support staff
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results-driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table:
- Completion of high school preferred
- At least Five years of responsible experience in title searching in Florida required
- At least one year of experience managing employees
- At least one year of experience acting as a trainer.
- Excellent Team building skills
- Basic underwriting procedures
- Basic real property law
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software
- Customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
Marginal Job Functions/Duties:
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports
- Ability to identify risk, prioritize actions, and mitigate issue impact.
- Outstanding People Skills, with the ability to interact in a leadership role.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to successfully manage within deadlines.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
What NATIC brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees include medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting-edge employee options not typically found in market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin