Nash makes local delivery a reality for any business through its network of 500+ delivery providers (including DoorDash, Uber and hundreds of local fleets). Through Nash’s delivery orchestration platform, businesses can manage their deliveries through a single integration, handle any workflow with ease, and scale their delivery operations effortlessly.
Nash was founded in 2021 by a team from Palantir and MIT, and has currently raised from top investors including Y-Combinator and a16z to build the world’s best local delivery platform.
About The Role
As the First Product Designer, you will help define and drive the future of design at Nash. You will help identify and set product strategy and design UX ecosystems. You will establish a vision of the user experience for our merchants and providers alike. Our ambition is to create powerful experiences at the intersection of function and delight.
This role will contribute largely towards improving the user experience across Nash’s digital products and will work closely with Product, Engineering, Data, and other stakeholders to plan, estimate, and execute on best-in-class interactive experiences. As the First Designer in Nash, the main responsibility is to drive product design. In addition, you get the opportunity to support other Nash-wide design needs and influence those processes.
The ideal candidate has a proven design aesthetic, well-established processes, and strong design principles.
- Actively seek to understand the usability impact of design solutions in qualitative/quantitative ways
- Act as the UX advocate for users to inform our product and design strategies, and use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and operations
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Work with Product to define products (requirements, strategic functionality, bold bets), not just translate them into design execution
- Evaluate ROI of concepts, time/effort regarding project prioritization of features, epics and initiatives
- Partner with engineers to ship pixel-perfect designs
- Product Designers must be able to influence project outcomes through confident recommendations and presentation/communication style, while maintaining healthy internal relationships and authentic collaboration.
- Promote feedback culture by both giving and receiving constructive and actionable feedback.
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design in the dynamic ecosystem
- Set the foundation for design processes across the organization
- 5+ years of product design experience
- A meticulous or fanatical attention to detail
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work, and outstanding visuals
- Experience designing a variety of UX/Visual Design artifacts, such as: ecosystems, flows, wireframes, detailed UI, prototypes, etc.
- Experience applying research (e.g. competitive analysis, customer feedback), usability studies, and metrics to inform design decisions
- A blend of expertise in product-interface (UI/XD, etc) and brand-identity (visual primitives like type, color, etc.)
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design with an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle, and making vital tradeoff decisions
- Examples of developing and conveying ideas clearly in a written and visual format--clearly demonstrate how your designs tackle customers' problems or add value to their lives
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity
- Self directed, can work autonomously and lead others to deliver on a goal
- CSS, frontend, and webflow experience is a plus
- Early stage, well-funded startup - directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Quarterly in-person events to bond with teammates
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
At Nash, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.