Nash (YC S21) makes it easy for businesses to offer same-day delivery. We do this by building applications on top of delivery APIs (like Doordash, Uber, and 30 more fleets) that enable business-specific workflows. Delivery is getting commoditized by companies like Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash and Nash is building the application layer on top of the delivery APIs to enable businesses to offer delivery to their customers.
Nash was founded in 2021 by a team from Palantir and MIT, and has currently raised from top investors including Y-Combinator to build the world’s best local delivery platform.
About The Role
As Controller, you will be Nash’s first full time internal hire on the Accounting team and play a critical role in scaling the business. You will be key to ensuring the appropriate financial systems and infrastructure is in place to scale rapidly domestically and internationally.
You will manage the accounting function, build it out internally as we scale, and coordinate our supporting external resources. You'll also be responsible for monthly and quarterly accounting close processes, financial reporting and ad hoc analyses for internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will help identify ways to streamline and scale accounting and finance processes and set up robust systems for future audit requirements.
- Own Monthly Close process including revenue recognition, cost of sales accounting, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Assist in quarterly Board of Directors reporting packages
- Review and documentation of all accounting practices
- Preparation for leading future audits
- Build out scalable accounting and reporting processes including systems implementation if required
- Manage the AP and payroll function
- Ad hoc analyses and reconciliations
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in public accounting and venture-backed companies (Series A / B / C / D) in the marketplace or SaaS verticals
- Experience working with Quickbooks and Netsuite and ERP Integrations
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite skills
- Great knowledge of GAAP, particularly ASC 606
- Experience preparing and going through Audits
- Experience with international growth and consolidation
- Strong work ethic, hands-on and not afraid to dive into the details
- You bring a “systems” mindset to your job. You enjoy building scalable processes from scratch and implementing new tools that are designed for growth and robust at scale
- Self-starter that can drive large projects from beginning to end
- CPA required
What You’ll Love About Us
- Well-funded startup - directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Quarterly in-person events to bond with teammates
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
At Nash, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.