Nash (YC S21) makes it easy for businesses to offer same-day delivery. We do this by building applications on top of delivery APIs (like Doordash, Uber, and 30 more fleets) that enable business-specific workflows. Delivery is getting commoditized by companies like Uber, Lyft, and DoorDash and Nash is building the application layer on top of the delivery APIs to enable businesses to offer delivery to their customers.
Nash was founded in 2021 by a team from Palantir and MIT, and has currently raised from top investors including Y-Combinator to build the world’s best local delivery platform.
About The Role
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join an agile team of dedicated engineers to develop our products and backend services. You will lead features development and work closely with the co-founder and founding engineer to spearhead new development. This is an opportunity to take ownership and contribute largely to a company as an early engineer.
- Contribute to the leadership, stewardship, planning, and evangelism of our product architecture
- Contribute to planning, customer scoping, and setting priorities
- Debug production issues across our systems with a focus towards improving maintainability over the long term
- Continue to be hands on while testing code, building the team, and iterating on products
- Architect applications, fix bugs, come up with creative solutions to problems, and be highly collaborative on a daily basis
- 4+ years of experience building scalable backend systems
- Experience with Python
- A combined passion for great user experience and API design
- Experience shipping high-quality products from start to finish
- Empathy, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Attention to detail, especially around performance, reliability, and security
- Ability to contribute independently and work collaboratively to build out robust applications
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to be agile and pivot quickly depending on company priorities
- Interested in solving challenging problems and building systems from 0-1
- Integration and platform experience is a bonus
- Startup experience is preferred (not required)
What You’ll Love About Us
- Early stage, well-funded startup - directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Quarterly in-person events to bond with teammates
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
At Nash, we believe that diverse teams are the strongest teams. We invite applicants of all genders, races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, disability statuses, educational experiences, family situations, and socio-economic backgrounds.