a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Do you want to have a measurable impact on some of the world's largest brands and develop products that will touch millions of consumers? As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a meaningful role in amplifying the value of our platform by assuring the seamless development and deployment of our products.
what you’ll do
- Partner with product managers, designers, and customer success teams to inform our roadmap and synthesize and clarify requirements
- Translate requirements to work streams for your team and work with the team to design, estimate, develop, and productionize features
- Use agile and iterative development methodologies to ship code to production several times a week
- Provide production support for customer issues and proactively work to improve operational efficiency
- Constantly improve quality by adopting test-driven development approaches, writing unit and integration tests, and raising the bar on processes and methodologies that improve reliability and performance of software
- Invest in the growth of other team members
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations where applicable and heavily inform the technical direction of the team
- Communicate proficiently and influence the team through well-written technical design documents, write-ups/thought documents, and well-synthesized feedback
what we’re looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience building reliable, scalable, and high-quality systems
- You have experience leading teams, mentoring junior engineers, and informing the technical roadmap
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent
- You have experience building well-designed software with Java (or C#) and frameworks like Spring
- You have experience implementing microservice architecture patterns, sidecar, API Gateways, and distributed tracing
- You have experience with relational databases like Postgres or MySQL and NoSQL databases like Cassandra/YugaByte, DynamoDB, Redis - schema design, optimization, query analysis, sharding, and handling very large datasets
- Knowledge of performance tuning, optimization, and garbage collection
- You have exposure to queueing, distributed streaming (e.g. Kafka, Pulsar) and/or serverless frameworks
- Experience with a scripting language to get basic tasks done – Python, Shell scripts
- You understand cloud native principles and software development using the services available on AWS and GCP
- You have experience handling scale and building medium to large scale enterprise business applications
- You have experience writing tests, using CI/CD pipelines, and Docker containers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.