Who We Are
Narvar offers an enterprise SaaS platform that helps leading brands and retailers build lifelong relationships with their customers beyond the “buy” button. More than 400 leading retailers worldwide–including Anthropologie, Bonobos, Nordstrom, and Sephora – use Narvar's shipment, tracking, returns, and analytics products to transform their customers' post-purchase experiences. More than 60% of Americans online have interacted with Narvar’s platform, most without even realizing it!
The data team is using big data technologies, data science and a massive data set - tens of millions of transactions per month - to build new products and improve all aspects of the platform. Data is at the core of Narvar’s competitive advantage, so the work we do has a large impact across the company, for our business partners, and in the lives of our end users.
What we’re looking for
As a Data Engineer focused on Data Warehousing, ETL, and querying, you’ll work with backend engineers, other data engineers, data analysts and data scientists to process and store all required data, and make it available thru traditional databases, redshift, and big data querying systems like elastic search and presto. The mission is to drive data accessibility and democratization of data across the company.
You’ll generalize such data sets into a layer of data marts that are more generally applicable but less atomic than the underlying data. As we continue building out our big data and streaming architecture, you’ll then shift to porting legacy pipelines to the new architecture. You’ll build monitoring and QA systems to ensure data integrity, and automation for efficiency
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with very solid experience in traditional data warehousing and engineering and ETL to start working with modern big data systems, including kafka.
- 6+ years of complex ETL experience in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets, and knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- An expert level understanding of relational databases, in particular Postgres and Redshift
- Expert SQL skills
- Scripting experience in Python and shell required
- DBA experience running redshift, postgres, or similar
- Excellent attention to detail and understanding of error handling and data validation
- Some understanding of AWS, NOSQL systems
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in CS, or a related field
- AWS console experience with RDS, EC2, cloudwatch
- An understanding of large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Presto, Flink, or many others) is a major plus
- An understanding of data streaming, kafka, kinesis, and/or pub-sub queues a plus
- Building dashboards in Tableau or Looker a plus
- Understanding of analytics, or Machine Learning a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free, daily catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Open vacation policy
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity