a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Staff Accountant, you will help scale our accounting function and support our rapid growth. You'll report to the Accounting Manager and will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting, tax, and financial reporting activities. You'll also help implement controls, processes, and systems to enable Narvar to meet operational, reporting, and audit requirements as we scale.
what you'll do
- Assist with all accounting operations including billing, collections, accounts payable, T&E, filings, and insurance
- Assist with month-end close process and activities including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Assist in the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Help with implementations, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Work closely with external auditors to fulfill requests
- Prepare equity analysis and reporting related to stock-based compensation and equity accounting
- Increase accounting process efficiency by implementing new processes and technologies
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax filings, as well as sales tax filings with external vendors
- Complete projects and ad hoc assignments as needed
what we're looking for
- You have a bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; CPA or CPA candidacy is a plus
- You have 1-3 years experience, preferably in a big four or startup/high-growth SaaS company
- You have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of accounting (i.e. can easily communicate in terms of debits and credits)
- You are detail-oriented and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- You have strong communication and organization skills
- You are proficient in Netsuite and Microsoft Excel
- You are passionate about accounting operations and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- You possess a growth mindset and have an insatiable desire to learn
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.