📍 Narvar Hybrid Eligible locations: Atlanta, GA | Austin, TX | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | London, UK | Bangalore, India | Tokyo, Japan
Narvar is growing! As Corporate Counsel, you will help build and scale our legal operations, working cross-functionally with business partners to provide practical and commercially-focused legal advice and support the company’s growth. In addition to drafting and negotiating agreements, you will work on legal projects and issues relating to strategic partnerships, complex data privacy and security questions, and operationalizing legal processes.
The right candidate must be a self-starter who can operate independently and learns quickly while juggling competing priorities in a startup environment. You should have excellent business judgment and communication skills, and will work closely with the Director of Legal, playing an integral role in driving the legal support function within Narvar on a day-to-day basis. SaaS experience is a must and e-commerce experience is preferred.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements with vendors and customers, balancing ten or more requests at any given time
- First line of support for our EMEA sales team and east-coast-based marketing team
- Act as bridge and point of contact between functions and business for resolving a range of legal issues with a laser focus on business risk and reward
- Contribute to developing and maintaining Law Department know-how and templates
- Support the broader organization on any agreements under executive consideration, including agreements with channel partners and others as required
- Assisting with and/or leading other projects and matters in areas that may include privacy, information security, compliance, and other legal and regulatory issues
What we’re looking for
- Attorney with a JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar association
- 3+ years of legal experience, whether at a law firm or in-house
- Knowledge and understanding of B2B SaaS contracts
- E-commerce or retail client experience is preferred
- Familiarity with EU and/or US state data privacy laws and experience negotiating and revising data processing agreements is a plus
- Ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner and provide succinct, practical, and results-oriented legal advice
- Creative and strategic thinker who can work with the Director of Legal to improve business processes to create efficiencies and increase speed of execution
- Talent for absorbing new skill sets and areas of expertise quickly and comfortably and the flexibility to deal with a diverse international set of clients and advisors
- Effective relationship building skills and ability to earn the trust of business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines, and act decisively
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. Post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 1300+ + other brands. With hubs in San Francisco, Atlanta, London, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 10+ billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.