Narvar is growing! We are hiring a Senior Strategic Sales Engineer to engage with the sales team in the pre-sales process and propose the appropriate technical solutions to meet their needs. This person will be responsible for designing and architecting the Narvar solution to realize the customer’s vision that is shared during the sales process. The Sales Engineer will work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, and Professional Service Teams to validate that our offerings align with the client's unique needs.
The ideal candidate will have a strong mix of technical skills, sales acumen, and a desire to support our customers. They are an experienced Engineer with a strong background in full stack applications, communicating technical concepts, and leveraging technology to drive business value. They will be acting as the lead technologist in the sales process and should have a broad understanding of retail tech stack. In addition, the Sales Engineer will have direct, ongoing conversations with Narvar’s product experts, engineers, and design leaders to influence the future product roadmap at our hyper-growth SaaS company.
Our clients include the most iconic retail brands in the world and they expect the highest level of professionalism, expertise, and value.
This role is 100% remote and optional travel is recommended at times for company off-sites and special holiday events.
- Participate in stages of the pre-sales process to understand technical objectives.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and author requirements documents.
- Design solutions and experiences that meet the client’s business and technical needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to scope the project into estimates for work.
- Design and communicate the technical vision, strategy and roadmap deliverables that enable a staged rollout.
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer during presales process
- Support Partner Team on new initiatives that require technical presales assistance
- Monitor industry trends, client news, and experience innovations to add measurable value to client engagements
- Maintain proficiency in Narvar service offerings, value propositions and case studies.
- Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable, and representative of Narvar capabilities
- Be an internal SME on web integrations, logistics, and retail tech stacks
- Conduct security reviews with client IT/security teams to address relevant concerns
- Assist with completion of RFPs and Security Assessments
- Gather insightful product feedback to help inform Narvar’s future product roadmap
- Work closely with AE’s and CSM’s to help drive net-new ACV
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in a technical capacity with a customer-facing enterprise level SaaS solution(s) - within the vertical of retail (ex: ecommerce, store systems).
- Previous experience should include: Understanding a project delivery cycle, Analyzing and authoring technical architecture documentation, previous stints in technology consulting or systems integration roles
- Familiarity with modern web applications and software architecture along with deep knowledge of building and integrating via APIs, Security standards (like OAuth, SAML) & Databases
- Experience with the following tech is strongly valued:
- eCommerce platforms (ex: Salesforce, Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce)
- Order Management (ex: Manhattan Associates)
- Inventory Management
- WMS (ex: Manhattan Associates)
- TMS / Supply Chain Logistics Platforms (ex: FourKites, Manhattan, Oracle)
- Messaging / Comms Tools (ex: Twilio, Klaviyo, web-based chat clients)
- Support Platforms (Zendesk, Gorgias)
- Proficiency in navigating Slack and Salesforce for sales forecasting and assignment
Sales / Business Skills
- Self-motivated (embrace ambiguity) with a consistent track record in technical sales.
- Must have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic technical organization with an environment that requires strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Executive level interpersonal, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully deliver SOW’s simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Client facing skills that radiate enthusiasm, high energy, poise, confidence and professionalism. Demonstrates ability to listen carefully and understand client needs
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, POCs
- Strong ability to collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams
- Dynamic presentation and technical demo skills
- Ability to communicate clearly to internal/external stakeholders when submitting reports
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- BA/BS required. Advanced Engineering degree is highly valued.
- A MEDDPICC trained candidate is strongly valued
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.