Narvar is growing! We are hiring Senior Site Reliability Engineers with extensive Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience. In this role, you will lead the reliability, scalability, security & availability of our overall infrastructure. The ideal candidate is someone who loves learning and solving problems.
We are a globally distributed company - working 100% remotely.
NOTE: We are currently hiring for multiple openings that span across numerous teams and at varying levels. With your application, you will be considered across the spectrum of our openings where we’ll look to engage and understand your interests, qualifications, and expectations to align best with our current opportunities. We look forward to engaging you in our process!
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams (ranging from 10-15 or 3 teams of 4, etc.)
- You will work on high-volume distributed systems (1.5 million requests per second)
- You will work on various cloud orchestration and configuration management technologies for deployment and orchestration for Kubernetes Clusters in GCP
- Maintain SLOs by building a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies
- Actively work with Engineering, Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve high-priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability, and business-continuity objectives to the overall product roadmap
What we are looking for:
- Experience with cloud orchestration and configuration management technologies (Terraform, Crossplane, Pulumi)
- Experience with Kubernetes technologies. (GKE, Gitops, ArgoCD, Flux)
- Deep production level process and security experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Observability tools like Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Datadog
- Data intensive systems like Cassandra, Yugabyte, Redis, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, Pulsar, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Coding skills in Python, Java, Golang, Rust, Typescript etc.
- Experience with Capacity Planning and Demand Forecasting
- CS Degree
- Prior speaking engagements on GCP topics
- Publications around GCP topics
- Previous startup experience
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.