Narvar is growing! We are hiring a Head of Foundation Engineering to lead cloud ops & data infrastructure for all of the Narvar products. You will lead reliability, scalability, & availability of our overall infrastructure with an eye towards automation - optimizing for a reduction in MTTR & operational cost.
- Events Streaming Technologies
- Expertise in Kubernetes
- Heavy automation focus and remove toils
- Provide technical and operation guidance in cloud infrastructure,data infrastructure, observibility and developer productivity.
- Built a metrics driven operational culture via tooling like Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Datadog
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams (ranging from 10-15 or 3 teams of 4, etc) planning and implementing large migrations, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth
- lead the blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies
- Partner with Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability and business-continuity objectives
What we are looking for:
- Experienced Team Lead
- Strong Management/Mentoring Skills
- Work with team across the organization
- Communicate Team Vision
- Capacity Planning
- Technically Strong
- Public Cloud (AWS/GCP)
- Systems knowledge
- Pulsar, Kafka, Postgres, Yugabyte, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB
- Focused on system uptime
- Proven troubleshooting skills. Able to jump on a bridge and assist the team in resolving business critical issues.
- Logging Platforms
- Metrics Collection
- Prometheus, Grafana, AlertManager, Datadog, FluentBit, FluentD, Vector, Istio, LinkerD
- History of implementing Automation
- Programming Languages - Python, Golang, Java
- Building Kubernetes Operators
- CS Degree
- Prior speaking engagements in the related areas
- Publications around related topics
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.