Narvar is scaling! We are a global rapid-growth, late-stage profitable start-up. We’re excited to actively be accepting applications in the following areas - Canada, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington
We’re looking for a People Operations Director to evolve and elevate the operational aspects of the People function at Narvar, including payroll, Total Rewards, mobility, policies / compliance, data / reporting and systems. The People Operations Director will oversee and continually improve our payroll, human resources documentation, and other related processes. You will report to our VP, People, and you will partner globally with other people team members, vendors and of course your stakeholders. As a key member of the People Operations (HR) team of a dynamic start-up, you will have the opportunity to broaden your impact as the business grows.
- Supervise critical people operations processes and practices to ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance: payroll/taxation, benefits, equity, immigration, global policies
- Ensure that all employee and contractor documentation is up to date and audit ready
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert for employees and stakeholders at Narvar on topics related to Total Rewards, policy, mobility, process and systems
- Oversee vendor relations, including international payroll and benefits partners
- Partner with our People Ops Director in India to support a coherent yet localized approach to the function in our largest international site
- Manage projects and programs within the purview of the operations function, including the compensation review process, improving and maintaining compensation frameworks, benefits review and renewal cycles, policy maintenance and communications
- Maintain and improve HR data / analytics and reporting
- Lead a small team of talented people operations professionals
What we’re looking for
- You have 8+ years of HR experience, 2+ years in a leadership role, including supporting global and growth businesses in tech
- You have supported a business through a rapid growth stage
- You have deep expertise with payroll processes, compliance, HR best practices and employment regulations; you have worked in an international business environment and are effective at translating business practices across cultures (bi-directionally)
- You are detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- You are a player / coach, able to lead and concurrently execute and dig into the details
- You have strong collaboration, communication, and customer service skills
- You have outstanding judgement, a high standard of ethics, and are confident handling sensitive and confidential information
- Previous SaaS and startup experience strongly preferred
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.