Narvar is scaling! We are looking for a VP, Controller to provide technical accounting expertise, improvement of financial processes, and continue to develop our accounting team. You must be a hands-on type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment as well as the demonstrated experience of continued support of the team and developing new resources as needed. Our ideal candidate will embrace change and the task of creating an infrastructure to support future growth as the Company expands.
- Oversee all aspects of financial accounting at the Company, including financial procedures and controls, financial period close, and financial statement preparation and analysis
- Act as a resource to strategic partners across the business, delivering meaningful insight and financial decision support
- Oversee the accounting systems and infrastructure to scale with business growth and drive controls, efficiency, and accuracy of all financial reporting processes
- Oversee the Company's banking relationships, including cash management and investing activities
- Manage and elevate Narvar’s relationship with external auditors and consultants
- Oversee US and international tax compliance
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are met
- Provide structure and discipline around internal controls
- Continuous improvement: monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources
- Prepare the company for a potential IPO
What we are looking for
- 10 to 12 years of progressive experience, with a public/private company
- CPA license (active status) required
- Experience with a multinational corporation; working with legal entities outside of the US required
- SaaS subscription experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting area
- Experience with ASC606 evaluation and adoption a plus
- Superior analytical skills combined with solid business judgment and communication skills
- Modern process and tool thinking, specifically working with SaaS financial and accounting technology and robotic automation
- Advanced MS Excel and data management skills are critical
- Strong track record of successfully motivating, developing, and helping people reach their full potential
- Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
- Relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Strategic/Business insights: help support company-level initiatives and navigate their impact on accounting and processes
- Hands-on player/coach with excellent judgment and ability to motivate teams
- IPO experience a bonus
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce.com is a plus
- Previous startup experience strongly preferred
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.