Narvar is Growing! We are looking for a Senior/Staff Software Engineer to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will take the lead in building scalable data & ML products and their operational excellence. Data products are at the heart of Narvar’s core business strategy and competitive advantage. The work you’ll do will impact Narvar’s whole business, our partners, and the lives of millions of consumers globally!
Narvar handles transactional data for more than 1000 leading brands and retailers worldwide using our shipment tracking, returns, customer care, bidirectional multi-channel communication, and analytics products to transform their customers' post-purchase experiences.
- Build and own mission-critical data pipelines and data lakes that are the ‘source of truth’ for Narvar’s business and consumer data
- Process TBs of data delivering actionable insights and intelligence using technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Google Pubsub, Pulsar, BigQuery, BigTable.
- Support research and development, experimentation, solving problems from statistical test automation to building real-time ML pipelines
- Optimize data models for costs, ease of access, and data governance
- Improve data quality by building any tooling, testing, and observability needed to support top-notch quality
- Improve the operational efficiency and reliability of our data infrastructure, ensuring 99.9% reliable data delivery
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering tooling & standards to improve engineering productivity across the company
What we’re looking for
- You have dealt with large amounts of data in production and have built distributed data processing using frameworks like Spark, Hadoop, Apache Beam, or Flink
- You believe in the DevOps culture and that its an integral part of our responsibilities
- Experience with large-scale data warehousing architecture, data lakes, and data modeling
- Expert SQL skills and sound consumer-scale data architecture judgment
- Experience with error handling and data validation
- Experience with Data Ops and data reliability
- Experience with Cloud technology stacks (e.g., GCP or AWS and their product offerings)
- Proficiency with Java, Scala, or Python
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 5+ years of hands-on experience building distributed systems
- 2+ years of hands-on experience building big data processing systems at scale
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.