Narvar is scaling! We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer, Frontend interested in leading architecture, design, and being hands-on in building products that power the post-purchase experience for the retail industry’s biggest brands.
In this role, you will have a direct impact on our customer-facing products. You will work with the leadership, engineers across the org, product managers, and designers. You will participate in regular code reviews, help and guide teammates around frontend architecture and lead the frontend guild. You will help develop the technical strategy and roadmap for our React frontend and work with engineers and engineering managers to prioritize engineering-led projects.
- Architect, build frontend platform components leveraged across our internal and external products
- Contribute to our overall frontend architecture and development experience partnering with other senior frontend engineers
- Mentor and build consensus across squad/chapter development teams
- Define key metrics and create/ standardize tooling to track customer quality of service (e.g., Lighthouse)
- Drive improvements to code, architecture, and process
- Raise the bar for Narvar in the frontend engineering community
What we’re looking for
- A deep understanding of semantic HTML, performance, and accessibility
- Experience implementing design systems
- Experienced in delivering consumer-facing product features in a rapidly changing environment
- Invested in delivering a high-quality experience to the end-user while maintaining a healthy codebase
- Experience defining APIs for new features with a backend lead counterpart
- Experience with mentoring other engineers
- Has stellar async communication with a bias towards written communication and well-written documentation
- Experience with headless architecture
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike, and 850+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 8 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts, and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard, but we always celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.