a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Glossier, Home Depot, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Senior Financial Analyst on our finance team, you will play a key role in developing Narvar’s strategic and financial planning function to support our rapid growth. In addition to driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts, you will have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives and help drive strategic decisions. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with senior management to drive the direction of the business by analyzing and implementing strategic initiatives.
what you’ll do
- Lead the long-term strategic and financial planning process, partnering with functional leaders to shape business priorities and develop financial plans to execute against those priorities
- Create and monitor our annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Develop forecast models and drive towards their achievement in partnership with various other functional teams
- Prepare reporting packages including comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive executive-level analyses
- Assist in preparing analysis, commentary, and presentation material for Board of Directors meetings, operations reviews, management meetings, and financial reviews
- Prepare detailed variance analysis of financial statements and managerial reports and understand, analyze, and report on key variances between actuals and plan
- Develop and enhance reporting on competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data, and technology trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to model and execute business analytical projects and support company initiatives and financial decisions
- Partner with the accounting team on month-end close reporting with respect to the close package and the accuracy and completeness of the financial results
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis to support business decisions
what we’re looking for
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (finance, accounting, economics) or engineering from a top school
- You have at least 3-4 years combined experience in financial analysis, budgeting, or investment banking
- You have SaaS industry experience
- You have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, demonstrating the ability to dive into details and reconcile differences
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to make recommendations around process
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work across all levels within the organization
- You can work independently and as a member of a team
- You have strong financial systems and business application skills including Excel, PowerPoint, and other web-based management reporting tools
- You’re excited to be a part of a fast-paced, high-growth company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.