Who We Are
Narvar offers an enterprise SaaS platform that helps leading brands and retailers build lifelong relationships with their customers beyond the “buy” button. More than 300 leading retailers worldwide–including Anthropologie, Bonobos, Nordstrom, and Sephora – use Narvar's shipment, tracking, returns, and analytics products to transform their customers' post-purchase experiences.
What we’re looking for
As the official Mad-hatter to join the team you would be working with every aspect of the product, to develop the experience for our clients and the end consumers. You are crucial to the team for amplifying the value and results of our platform, by assuring the development, deployment and smooth sailing of the product.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers and Customer Success teams to design, develop, test and implement Narvar's cloud solutions using an iterative and agile development methodology. We push code to production several times a week
- Provide DevOps support for our cloud operations
- Provide engineering support for customer issues and general problem solving
- Design and perform unit and integration testing
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations
- Write requirements and design specifications
- Experience as a Tech Lead or mentoring engineers is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Experience building high performance, scalable, highly available and reliable SaaS/cloud applications using Java and frameworks like Spring
- Experience with implementing applications on Amazon AWS.
- Experience building RESTful web services, integration with Web services like AWS, Twilio
- Experience with NoSQL databases - DynamoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience with Postgres or Mysql databases - schema design, optimization, query analysis, database administration, very large data volumes
- Knowledge of JVM performance optimization, Garbage Collection
- Knowledge of some scripting language – Python, Shell scripts
- Networking concepts, network security, and application security is desirable
- Experience building enterprise business applications
- Experience with CI, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting applications on Linux platforms
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free, daily catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Open vacation policy
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity