We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform.
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 650+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, we've served over 125 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As the Senior Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for building and growing the engineering team across North America. You will partner with our product team to develop experiences for our clients and their end consumers. You will play a meaningful role in amplifying the value of our platform by assuring the seamless development & delivery of product features. You will organize team structure, build leveling charts, be an integral part of the hiring process.
- Build and lead the operational and directional aspects for your engineering team and help the members grow both technically and professionally
- Translate requirements to workstreams for your team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Lead, inspire, teach and influence your team to embrace modern engineering practices that enable them to frequently release high-quality services
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience
- Establish great rapport with Product Managers, Sales and Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Provide production support for customer issues and proactively work to improve operational efficiency
What we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent
- You have 10+ years of software development experience and are an engineer at heart
- Proven hands-on technical management experience (including managing managers) of 4+ years
- You have successfully built and managed high performance distributed team/s
- You excel in an informal, fast-paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure
- Can communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have experience building high performance, scalable, highly available, and reliable distributed systems
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- Extensive experience designing, building and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- You have experience with cloud technologies (AWS or GCS), schema design, optimization, query analysis, and databases
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala, Rust
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.