a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 650+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together, we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
We are looking for a senior engineering manager to lead our key product & platform teams. You'll help drive decisions on how best to scale our products, processes and people and own key product deliverables and reliability efforts. You'll also partner with our product team to develop experiences for our clients and their end consumers.
what you’ll do
- Build and lead your engineering team and help the members of your team grow both technically and professionally
- Own both the operational and directional aspects for your team
- Lead, inspire, teach and influence your team to embrace modern engineering practices that enable them to frequently release high-quality services
- Work with the recruiting team to attract and retain high quality and diverse talent
- Collaborate with other managers to ensure we are building products that provide a consistent and powerful experience
- Establish great rapport with Product Managers, Sales and Success to maintain high levels of visibility, efficiency, and collaboration
- Translate requirements to work streams for your team and work with the team to design, estimate, develop and launch new products & features
- Provide production support for customer issues and proactively work to improve operational efficiency
what we’re looking for
- You have a BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer
- You have successfully built and managed high performance distributed team/s of 12-15 engineers over the last 3-4 years
- You have proven track record in delivering scalable, reliable and maintainable customer facing products on time
- You have demonstrated experience managing, delivering and owning the services end-to-end
- You are able to thrive and lead multiple highly cross-functional projects at any time
- You are not afraid to take initiative and help make an impact on the larger organization
- You have solid organizational and communication skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- You have solid track record engaging and collaborating across the organization in different locations
- You have led the technical architecture of maintainable and scalable applications across front end and backend systems
- Deep hands-on expertise in one or more of the following server-side languages: Java, Python, Go, Scala
- Extensive experience designing, building, and integrating with RESTful APIs
- Experience designing and scaling relational and NoSQL database platforms (such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticache)
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Amazon AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS or consumer-facing products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.