Who We Are
Narvar offers an enterprise SaaS platform that helps leading brands and retailers build lifelong relationships with their customers beyond the “buy” button. More than 400 leading retailers worldwide–including Anthropologie, Bonobos, Nordstrom, and Sephora – use Narvar's shipment, tracking, returns, and analytics products to transform their customers' post-purchase experiences.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer with proven experience building high volume, high performance, and highly available SaaS solutions. Your performance will be measured based on improved deployment process/times, reduction in server alarms and more efficient operation of resources. The goal is that our app traffic scales without an increase in error reports and maintaining/improving our error rate, response times, uptime. We need you to have strong scripting skills with Bash, Java, Shell.
- Analyze our current production infrastructure and operations and update and improve upon it.
- Get involved with our code deployment and database administration process.
- Develop scripts to check the health of the system and various application subsystems and respond to alerts
- Proactively support 24x7x365 production and disaster recovery data center operations.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience supporting mission critical production applications
- Experience with building, deploying and scaling out SaaS/Cloud applications on Amazon Web Services using the various services provided by AWS
- Experience in Ansible, Chef, and Puppet are a plus
- Strong scripting skills - Bash, Java, Shell
- Some knowledge of Java
- Understanding of REST and SOAP
- Experience with maintaining applications in a Linux environment
- Experience with Database Administration, schema design, query analysis, performance tuning, and optimization - Postgres/MySQL/Oracle
- Knowledge of IP Networking, Network security, Firewalls and DDOS mitigation
- Experience with continuous integration using Jenkins, log collection, and analysis, version control systems like GitHub or SVN
- Experience with application, performance and security monitoring and resolution
- Understanding of Docker or evolving container management platforms like Kubernetes
- Knowledge of data engineering and some experience with big data
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free, daily catered lunches
- Commuter benefits
- Company outings
- Casual dress code
- Open vacation policy
- Get in on the ground floor of a huge opportunity